Help

Fifth Grade

Spelling

>

ChillWill

Spelling
Old 11-17-2019, 04:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Iím currently teaching 5th grade. Students are struggling with spelling any ideas of programs or activities that might help. Thanks

ChillWill is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Spelling
Old 11-17-2019, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you have a vocabulary program? If so, I suggest following it and adding more practice of your own with simple, low prep activities (quiz-quiz-trade, circle spelling, flashcards, whiteboard or chalkboard games/races).

If you donít, I recommend Super Teacher Worksheets. While it is $20 for the whole year, I think you get to it $ worth out of it. I have used all five grade levels of spelling to differentiate and support in areas of struggle. It tends to be more phonics based and definitely includes more challenging word lists. It also repeats previously studied words as review words, too.
MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote

JulieP

Old 11-23-2019, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am using Zaner Bloser- the sample set we got last year. My school didn't purchase it, they went with Pearson because "They create our state tests". Their spelling sucks. So I went through this one. It has helped immensely with my kiddos. I like how they get practice each day, but it connects to word study, vocabulary, reading, editing and writing, etc. I also added lessons on the types of syllables, and we work almost each week on breaking the words into syllables. This has helped them with decoding as well.
JulieP is offline   Reply With Quote

cooper5

Rebecca Sitton
Old 12-03-2019, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I ran into the same issue but we didn't have a spelling program so I bought a used teacher book for Rebecca Sitton (which I had used in another district). Was pretty cheap and definitely worth it!!
cooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote