Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Behavior chart

>

ksue

Behavior chart
Old 07-28-2008, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for a chart or system that allows student's to be recognized for positive behavior. I have used the "card" system in the past, and I really want to focus on the POSITIVE, rather than the negative. I am not ready to eliminate the card system, however, I usually have 'model' students who don't always get the recognition they deserve. If anyone has any ideas that incorporates both systems - I would greatly appreciate your help. I don't have time to "reinvent the wheel!"

ksue is offline   Reply With Quote

ForTheKids

card
Old 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use a card system too. To recognize good behavior I give students who are showing responsible behavior star sticks (popsicle sticks with stars on them). They put the stick in their pocket. At the end of the day, I know how many hole punches to give them based on the star sticks. Don't know if this is what you were looking for.
ForTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote

ksue

Star sticks
Old 07-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you. That is a good idea. I had used a good behavior card and gave everyone that had a "green" (the best) day a punch on their card. I like the idea of giving them added punches based on "stars."
ksue is offline   Reply With Quote

rmewife97

Star Sticks...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I really love the star sticks...I am using a sports theme and I think I can do the same thing with trophy clipart or even the stars.
rmewife97 is offline   Reply With Quote

rmewife97

Tickets
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have thought about using raffle tickets that are awarded to students throughout the day and their name will be included in a drawing on Friday. I would draw 3-4 names for a prize. Another idea is to use the incentive charts with the squares and give the students who stay on green all day a sticker and once they have filled the incentive chart they get to reward of some kind. I also saw a teacher who used the card system, but rewarded student with tallies or points and at the end of the week the top 5 students got to each lunch with the teacher. They earned points for critical thinking, a compliment from another teacher, helping another classmate, etc.

rmewife97 is offline   Reply With Quote

terryteach

Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I know there are pros and cons with the color card system but I use it. I have a monetary system in my classroom. Students earn fake money daily for positive behavior and homework turned in. If their card doesn't get turned, they earn money. I will give kids an opportunity to turn their card back if they improve their behavior during the day. On Fridays they get to go shopping at the classroom store. I have little token things like stickers, fancy pencils, erasers, little toys, etc. they can buy. I also have different price ranges so they can save up.

This system has been motivating for my kids. They want to earn their money to shop.
terryteach is offline   Reply With Quote

moebarry

behavior charts
Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

At my son's school, they create a behavior chain. It hangs from the ceiling and once it reaches the floor the class gets a special activity. This promotes positive classroom behavior from all the students. The kids get really excited to see the chain.
moebarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disney1

Baseball
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

For my class I use a system that includes individual and whole class behavior. The theme is baseball but it can work for any sport. On the poster includes the goal-which is the number of runs for the class, a score card- used to tally the number of runs each day, the baseball field-which a batter box, this box includes each student on a baseball, and last but least is a strike out zone-strike one is a warning two is a letter home to the parent and strike three is a talk with the principal. Those students who get a strike do not get to a home run. The students who remain in the batters box get a home run. Each students who makes a home run are then marked in the score card. When the class gets their goal the class then gets a reward.
Disney1 is offline   Reply With Quote

babyruth

Behavior Bingo
Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I found behavior Bingo on here. I am going to use cards too.
babyruth is offline   Reply With Quote
4/5combo year

4/5combo year

card system
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I use the card system and love it. Another teacher at my school made a white card that has twenty squares on it and that is the "good day" card. At the end of each day, students who are still on a white card get a sticker in one of the squares. When they fill up the card they get popcorn and a soda. The kids love it!!!

Mrs. O

Honorable Character
Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I suggest this all the time. It really is a good program. It was developed in a Christian school, but they have adapted it to go in a public school as well.

www.honorablecharacter.com
Mrs. O is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsbean

Old 08-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Babyruth, do you have a behavior bingo template on here? I'd love one to use in my classroom!
mrsbean is offline   Reply With Quote