Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Student-Teacher in need of advice!

>

elandi6

Student-Teacher in need of advice!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,

I am in my senior year in school and my final student-teaching field placement. This year, I really want to pull out all the stops and incorporate my own personality into "our" room. I have cleared it with my mentor to do a bulletin board that I keep track of (since the last thing she needs is something else thrown on her plate) throughout the year.

My idea is this. I am very passionate about anti-bullying and promoting kindness. My school is already participating in the Bucket Fillers program, so I think my board will go along really well with that theme. I'm in 2nd grade, so I was thinking of "Helping Hands and Positive Footprints" because I found cute handprint and footprint bulletin accents. But I'm not quite sure how to really implement that. I was thinking each handprint would symbolize someone completing a helping action and each footprint could be some act of kindness or kind words. I would write the student's name and super brief description of the act on the board and then reward the students whose names are on the board at the end of each month.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice? Maybe any other themes that would work better than hands and feet? We agreed that October was the month to start it because they will have had a month to get into their routine.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

elandi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

TheTrunch

bulletin board
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

1. Kids brainstorm kind things: (Say hi to someone, Feed a cat, walk a dog, give someone a hug ) 2.Then they write a sentence to be copied onto a strip of paper later.
3. They choose a symbol to paint that represents their idea...large heart...dog..then cut out letters HI.. They paint these (rather large) and cut out.
4. The symbols be randomly displayed with some overlapping.
5. Staple on the sentence strips so that some of it overlaps the symbol it represents.

I have seen it and it looks adorable, but I can't explain it adequately. Good Luck
TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

elandi6

Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for your help! That sounds like a cute idea! I really like the idea of allowing the students to brainstorm what different things could be kind actions.
elandi6 is offline   Reply With Quote