Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Copying a CD program

>

momteach310

Copying a CD program
Old 09-03-2017, 04:20 PM

I would like to make a copy of a CD but my new computer did not come loaded with any program. I had nero on my old computer. Is there any free program that I could put on my computer to do this? I googled it, but not sure which is which and what is what. I would love someone with real life experience to guide me!

momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

BigwigRabbit

Copying CD
Old 09-04-2017, 06:21 AM

I'm guessing your computer is a PC and that it has one DVD/CD drive. If this is the case, you'll need to rip the CD first with a CD ripper . Be careful when you load any free program because they like to try to add all kinds of junk that you don't want or need.

Rip the CD to MP3. Put in a new CD in your drive. The computer will see it and ask you what you want to do. Find something that says, "Make a music CD" or somesuch. (I'm guessing that the CD is a music CD.) Drag all the MP3s you just made into the box (or add them however it suggests) and push "go".
BigwigRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

This
Old 09-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Be careful when you load any free program because they like to try to add all kinds of junk that you don't want or need.
You also need to be careful because the free ones will often not only add junk you don't need but pass or over skip a key feature you DO need on a program CD.

Some program CDs purposefully add very small, easily missed components crucial to the running of the program that fail to copy correctly so you can't share or resell their CDs. A low quality ripper will not usually catch those- (sometimes even a good quality ripper will miss them for the same reason.)

I am no help otherwise as I have Nero as well.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote