Help

Teachers' Lounge

Pretty Little Liars

>

GraceKrispy

Pretty Little Liars
Old 07-21-2019, 10:39 AM

Yes, yes, I'm super late to the party

I was recently on a 6-hour flight and watched several movies and TV shows on their service and was really bored. So I decided to watch the Pretty Little Liars first episode.

Yeah, got hooked. I looked back at some of the previous posts here about PLL- I see several people watched it. I avoided it like the plague when it was on. It seemed so stupid It feels like a teenager Desperate Housewives I loved that show. I'm disturbed by all the sex these mid-teens are having-- especially with older men, but I'm trying to pretend they're older (especially since the actresses were all in their 20s )

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 07-21-2019 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: a dreaded homophone error! *gasp*
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

I watched for years with my DD
Old 07-21-2019, 12:17 PM

who was a HSer at the time...

I eventually got tired of waiting for the "bad guy (girl??)" reveal so I gave up. Good luck if you proceed.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM

I loved that show the first few years. Over time it just got sillier and sillier. IMO they dragged it on way too long and had to mess up the plot so much just to get more episodes out of it. They have some sort of spin off show now that I haven't watched.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 07-21-2019, 04:04 PM

I read several of the books years ago, and while somewhat trashy, they hooked me too! But when I watched a few episodes of the show, it seemed pretty different, so I never could watch it much. I hate it when the movie/show changes the plot so much!
KatieViolet is online now   Reply With Quote

WIBadgerFan

Old 07-21-2019, 07:32 PM

I watched all of the episodes as they aired on TV. I agree that they dragged it out too long, but I wanted to see how it ended, so I hung in. I think if it was a show I was able to binge watch I might have felt different because I did enjoy the show for the most part.

WIBadgerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-21-2019, 07:55 PM

I do think binge watching helps a lot! Makes things seem like they happen a lot quicker

I've never read the books, so that also probably helps. I was surprised to read how young the actress playing Allison was and not at all surprised to see how old the actresses playing the others were. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that all the actresses (who used to be the "it" girls in their own shows) my age and a little older were playing the moms. I mean, I guess I have kids that age, too, but still!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-only-12.html/
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote