Help

First Grade

Name Tags

>

teach8381

Name Tags
Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I wanted to make name tags for my students that they could wear the first week so I can learn their names. I was just wondering how do you guys make your name tags for your student? Last year a lot of my students name tages ripped. I was looking for a better way. thanks

teach8381 is offline   Reply With Quote

gaazed

Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The Kindergarten teachers at my school would buy the large cutouts (i.e. frogs, because that was there theme). The teachers would write on or type up a label to put on with the child's name and bus #. You could do the same, but put each child's name on it, laminate it, punch holes and tie yarn on it so the children can wear them around their necks. The children could wear them during the day. You can collect them each night. These would be great for you to keep throughout the year for when you have a sub. The children could wear them on those days so the sub can identify each child.
gaazed is offline   Reply With Quote

1stgradeisgr8

Name Tags
Old 08-01-2010, 06:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I bought some name tag necklaces from oriental trading. They came 12 to a pack (I can't remember how much, but they were inexpensive) They seem to be pretty good quality. I'm going to print name badge lables on my computer and place them inside. That way I can use them for subs. and fieldtrips and then reuse them next year.

Here is the link: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...=Badge+Holders
1stgradeisgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

gaazed

Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like the idea of the reusable name tags because they are more economical, but the only thing is that the kids begin to chew on them, rip them, and they can get kind of germy (i.e. when using the restroom & wiping noses).
gaazed is offline   Reply With Quote

saralara

Old 08-01-2010, 07:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The best name tags I have ever used were made out of coriander (countertop material) samples from Home Depot. They are already punched with a hole, they don't wear out EVER, and have lasted for years at the daycare I worked at. They just use big safety pins to attach them (diaper pins actually, if you can find them, work the best because most kids can't open them.) If you don't want to put holes in the kid's clothes, you can always put them on a string, like dog tags.

We just printed new names on labels as needed and stuck some packing tape over it to "laminate".

Sara

saralara is offline   Reply With Quote

filehead

Clothespin name tage
Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I make inexpensive nametags with foam sheets, hot glue gun, black sharpie and spring type clothes pins.
~ cut form into shape (on die cutter or plain rectangle), I usually cut about 5 extra
~ print names with sharpie on foam
~using a hot glue gun, glue name tag onto clothes pin with the name on top of the spring top section (not down on pinching part)
~your done

I teach K and place nametags on table in am, students are able to put own tag on, they easily pinch tag onto clothing by neckline. Good for fine motor skills, no worry about "hanging" themselves while running around at recess. I can also quickly look on table to see who absent because nametag is still on the table. I find the foam is more durable and kids play with them less (although I have had a couple of students try to chew on it over the years) After a few weeks, I collect them and put them in a baggie with my sub teacher stuff.
filehead is offline   Reply With Quote

goazcats

Name Tags
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I bought the small laminating pouches from Office Depot that come with clips. I typed each student's name in a cute font and graphic using Word, printed, and laminated them. I was able to use them all year long. They were great when I had a substitute or when my students went to specials or when we had guests in our room. They were quick and easy to put on and take off. They lasted the entire year.
goazcats is offline   Reply With Quote

LakeTeacher

Avery labels
Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I print out the kids' names on Avery labels and they wear them the first 2 days of school while I am learning names. I don't need them after that so it's pretty economical.

The name badge holders from Wal Mart aren't very expensive. You could make a cardstock card with their name and then thread yarn through the opening and have them wear them however long you need them to. Be forewarned, though, some will put them in their mouths no matter how many times you tell them not to. This is why I choose to use disposable labels.
LakeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

PaulaK

name tags
Old 08-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I normally make my name tags from laminated die cuts that match how the student will get home... ex: a bus for bus riders, a hand for parent pick-up, a teddy bear for kids who go to our after school program. I print labels with names/phone#'s and my name to put on the die cuts. Easy to replace if the student doesn't bring it back the next day, and it allows other teachers to know where the student should go and whose class they are in. I loop them with yarn for a necklace and it works great!
PaulaK is offline   Reply With Quote

jen55309

Solo Plastic Cups
Old 08-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I melt the Solo plastic cups in the oven. They melt into a perfect circle... they don't take long so keep your eye on them. When they cool I hole punch them and use string to make them into a necklace. Depending on the color of the cups, you can turn them into happy faces, or apples, etc. using a little felt, wiggly eyes, and hot glue. The kids loved them and they were great to have available when there was a substitute!

jen55309 is offline   Reply With Quote

TDuck

wow!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

What a great idea! I never thought to do that!! I'm definitely going to try that.
TDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

chews21

clothes pin name tags
Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing!!
chews21 is offline   Reply With Quote

lead teacher

name tags
Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

this year I bought the plastic badge holders from WalMart $1.88 for 12 the I bought the Avery business cards....I will print the studnets name on one side with their address & way home (bus #, car pick up) on the other side I will put their lunch numbers. the badges come with a hole already. you can use a string or the badge clips.

this way the name tags can be used for several different purposes. I haven't used this system before anxious to see how it actually works
lead teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Angeluv1109

Name hat
Old 08-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I write their names on sentences strips, and then i make it into a hat. They last a long time, and it is easier for me to see their name on their head. When they leave they take them off, and the next day I lay them out at their tables and they put them on. The special area teachers (music, gym,etc.) love them.
Angeluv1109 is offline   Reply With Quote