Help

BusyBoard

Waiting for my class list to populate

>

Kinderkr4zy

Waiting for my class list to populate
Old 07-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently cyber stalking the "student list" tab in my student information system.

I just want to label stuff. I just want come up with a basic seating plan. I know things change but I'd rather relabel 5 of each folders, name tags, mailboxes, student planners, art wall tags, student portfolios ect then have to label all of them at the last minute. I also want to start creating my online grade book-you cant create a grade book in our system without students. The suspense is killing me.

Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 07-08-2019, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Same.

Iím ready for labels.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 07-08-2019, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always feel fortunate that I have my list before the end of the year. It may have one or two changes before school starts but at least I don't have to wonder! Hope you get your list soon.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Class lists
Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I,feel,your pain. This used to so annoy me. P wouldnít hand out final lists until the last minute. Then had to scurry around to put names on everything.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-08-2019, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We donít get our list until the day before school starts. I finally started using numbers for everything but name tags. In 3rd, I let the kids label folders and anything else necessary.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

renielen

Old 07-09-2019, 04:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our lists are done for the most part. Of course kids could be added or dropped. The kindergarten team and admin completed the class list before school let out.
renielen is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

Old 07-09-2019, 04:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Our lists are not given out until we return to school, and even then, not until the 3rd or 4th day. The lists change up until the day students return. Then you have the kids who don't show up. I use numbers for almost everything.
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Me too!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I'm waiting, too! I don't really care about labeling things, it will all get done. I just want to know because I'm nosy and curious!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

SportingKC

Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We don't get our final list until the day before school starts. I do use student names and just wait on labeling anything that can't be changed until after the first few days of school.

I label lockers using index cards and mailboxes are labeled with a label maker, which can easily be removed. Those are really the only things that I have labeled on the first day...most everything else I have students label themselves (but I teach 5th so that's very different than kindergarten).
SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 07-09-2019, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

We dont get our lists until the first, or second day back but they will populate in our online systems a couple of weeks in advance. There may be a few tweeks, but at least I have something.

I number a lot of things, but some things numbers dont work as well for

Like name tags on my art wall-I do this so that parents can easily find their child art

I write everyone name on a cut out cactus and put them in the window (our class has a succulent decor them) under a banner that says - Our Class is on Point.

portfolios-These go home on open house night so it just looks nicer to have their name

Mailboxes have names and numbers in hope that at least one of those 2 things made it on their paper

Their name plates for their desks-obviously

Student planners and homework folders-because these often get dropped or left be hind at pick up time, or other places around school so full names helps them make it back to us.

Everything else gets numbers, and I already numbers a ton of stuff from book boxes to notebooks. Last year I had the kids number their own stuff but I had illegible numbers (is this a 7 or a 17 or a 12 ) so for my own sanity and to stop that moment in class where someone yells-someone STOLE my math notebook -I number them nicely and legibly in top left hand corner so I can say...no Jane, your math notebook is on the floor by the computer station- I can see it from here- it says number 9

Last edited by Kinderkr4zy; 07-09-2019 at 05:15 PM..

Kinderkr4zy

Old 07-09-2019, 09:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I also like to use a little bit of my summer to look up student information on my new class, because I NEVER have time to go through assessment folders or cums the first few months of school and it really helps to know from the get go who need support.

The teachers write us a little score for reading, writing, math, and behavior for each student but I feel like I get bigger picture looking to their broader file-plus I get kids who the teacher scores dont match how they are doing on larger district benchmarks-this is huge because third is a testing grade and I need to know who has a history of not being able to transfer their skills to longer tests or different formats. Also I can see that Johnny not only has a 2 for reading but that he has had RTI for the last 2 years, get his paper work ready and roll him into the intervention group. I make lists, I create some basic plans for my groups (but keep it flexible for the first few weeks as I see how they do).

I need that student list to populate-I need to label and do some recon in my students files.

SusanTeach

list
Old 07-09-2019, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We didn't get our list until the day before "Meet the Teacher". Nice. That means we get to scurry around making labels, etc... at the last minute. Plus, if we want to laminate them, everyone is at the ONE laminating machine at the same time. I just started laminating things ahead of time and writing on it afterwards.

This year I'm in a new school, so I'm curious if/when the teachers will get their lists. Nobody is there right now, but the P goes in next week. Based on what she said before her break, she'll start working on the lists as soon as she gets there - at least as much as she can until new students enroll.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 07-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Quote:
Plus, if we want to laminate them, everyone is at the ONE laminating machine at the same time.
OOOHhhhhh you just reminded me to order more laminating pouches for my personal laminator-its too stressful to try and get name tags laminated in time for sneak-a-peak (which is what we call meet the teacher day) because its a mad rush on the schools laminator and teachers aren't allowed to use it-we have to wait for the secretary to do all the laminating so if you stuff is at the bottom of the pile....

mario2019

Stalker...
Old 07-09-2019, 03:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

We get a prelim list at the end of the year because the final report card gives the teacher name and room #. We still hand write report cards even though we have an online grade- attendance-behavior portal for teachers and parents but I digress and will not get started on my rant. The final list comes the morning of back to school night which is day before the first day of school.

So if I wanted I could get 99% of everything labeled. I let them (4th grade) design their own desk nameplate as a fun ice breaker along with a classmate word search the first day.

I do assign each student a number and then put that number on their desk and locker so they just find their name on the # list on back to school night and can find their desk and locker with parents and put supplies away.

Happy stalking
mario2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 07-09-2019, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

ha ha haaaa....reminds me of this meme:
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

luckytoteach

Old 07-13-2019, 01:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Before the end of the school year we get our class lists for the upcoming year. The P will email any additional students that enroll over the summer. I work in a private school and they started doing this to push parents to reenroll earlier and then open it up to the public at a certain date. After submitting their deposit to hold a spot the P would email parents with their child's teacher and that kid would come to school sharing the info to their friends. Well, those kids would go home and nag to their parents that they want to know who their new teacher would be. It may not work every time but I do think it encourages parents to not hold off as long.
luckytoteach is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-19-2019, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Love it, Tia!

We always got our lists the day before we got kids. Drove me NUTS! I didn't even know how many kids to expect in general before then. 20? 25? 30? Luckily, our class sizes were relatively small (elementary under 28 kids).
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote