Help

BusyBoard

Panicking

>

Akitia

Panicking
Old 07-09-2019, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I contacted payroll at the school that I was fired from to ask if I could have the balance of my pay in one lump sum. At first she said yes, no problem. About an hour later, she called me back to tell me that I was not on 12 month pay and I would not be receiving anymore checks.

My heart Sinked. I called HR to ask how this could have happened, she said I never signed the form. I told her that I am positive I signed, she insisted that I did not.

What am I supposed to do? I have no other income. My heart is in panic mode.

Akitia is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 07-09-2019, 07:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so sorry. I would start by checking the total amount that you have been paid against the contracted amount to verify that you have received all the pay that is due to you.

Next, file for unemployment. No guarantee that you will get it--probably depends on why you were fired. If it was simply that you were not given a contract for next year, the chances are good.

After that, get busy and find a job--right now any job will do. Retail, fast food, temp agency, office work. Whatever. You need some income and then you can start really searching for a career-type job.

You may need to use food pantries, find a roommate, move home, trade in your car, turn off the cable and the AC--it all depends on how desperate your situation is.

I hope something comes through for you really soon.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Akitia

Panicking
Old 07-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you so much for your response.

On April 30th HR informed me that they would not be renewing my contract, I immediately began my job search, I have my application and resume all over, including other states; Iíve had two interviews.

I live from paycheck to paycheck, to be told at short notice that you will not be receiving anymore income is shocking, nerve wrecking, and devastating.

I have a lot of experience in many areas, I am not too proud to work any job that pays. I did not expect to have such a difficult time finding work, the problem is no one seems to be hiring a 59 year old woman.

Bills are due now.
Akitia is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Panicking
Old 07-10-2019, 05:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Did you make copies of everything you signed? Ask to see your file...they have to show it to you.

I am sorry this is happening to you.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 07-10-2019, 05:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

How much have you been paid this year? If you were supposed to earned 40k and have received that you will not get anymore $$$. If you have not gotten all your money, them call back with proof of what you've earned.

In the future I would make sure you knew what was going on with your pay and make copies of everything you sign.

teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 07-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I'd try a temp agency to see if you fit any of their available jobs, apply for seasonal jobs like at county fairs or restaurants, and check with family to maybe move in with relatives for a bit. The nice thing about working waitress jobs is that your tips come every day. If you find a nice restaurant, you can make more money in tips than as a substitute teacher.

It sounds like you need your safety net right now. Stay strong.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 07-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

As pp said check out your file. DId you keep copies of everything, look for them now.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

If your contract has not been
Old 07-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

renewed by the district, and you did not quit it is quite possible that they took unemployment out of you paychecks. Some school do and some don't. Check your past pay stubs and if it has been taken out go to the unemployment agency and fill out the forms to receive money until you get a new job, or until your benefits expire.
chipmunky is online now   Reply With Quote