ELL assessments available in New Jersey??? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

ESL/LEP

ELL assessments available in New Jersey???

>

CAtchr

ELL assessments available in New Jersey???
Old 11-05-2013, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am an ELL teacher in a WIDA+_CCSS state and have been working on coming up with scaffolds and assessments to work together with WIDa standards and CCSS. I have an extremely high ELL population and would love a copy of some of the assessments that match the new jersey scaffolds as the resources they have developed are an awesome help for my team.

I am not asking for your username or password but if they are a pdf or word maybe a couple copies of differet assessments to see what is being done in other states would be super helpful

CAtchr is offline   Reply With Quote

CAtchr

Ok lets try this....
Old 11-12-2013, 08:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am in thrid grade working with an extremely high ELL population at a title 1 school and would love if anyone had any assessments they have created for their ELL students that tie in the CCSS I am struglling with finding a way to merge the high level language demanded by the CCSS, the WIDA and the lack of support at home.

I would love to see what anyone has in terms of assessments so that I can compare what i am doing and see if changes need to be made.

elltch

Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi CAtchr,

I don't really know what you mean by assessments specifically for your ELLs. I'm also in a WIDA state, VA, but we don't have the CCSS here, we have SOLs. That's probably why I'm confused. I'm also in an area with high levels of ELLs, as well as in a school with a very high mobility rate. In my district, the main focus with our ELLs is to teach them English language skills WHILE teaching them the state standards. This means that as ESL teachers, we modify the curriculum, instruction, and classroom resources so that they meet the needs of all our ELLs. As far as assessments go, they are assessed on the same skills as everyone else, but with alternative assessments, or assessments with accommodation, depending on their needs. I know that this doesn't answer you question. I hope you find the information you are looking for. Best of luck. -Kristen
elltch is offline   Reply With Quote

CAtchr

Thank you
Old 12-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We use the CCSS and they too are assessed the ame here however no modifications are made thats why i was looking for further assessments with modifications that help to measure the CCSS standards for third grade students. Thanks again