Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Summer Tutoring

>

soycandle

Summer Tutoring
Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone offer Summer Tutoring? I am going to be offering Tutoring at our local library. I'll offer it for reading and math. I am unsure as to how much to charge. Does anyone else tutor in the summer and if so what is a reasonable fee to ask of parents? I am in a rural area, a small town in Indiana. I am thinking of offering one hour sessions twice a week. This will be my first summer tutoring experience.

Thanks for any advice you can lend.

Lynn

soycandle is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Old 05-31-2007, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I also used the public library as a location for my tutoring. I live 12 miles south of town and tried to group all my tutoring sessions together so that I made one trip a day, a couple of days a week. If you feel the market can handle it, you can charge $30 an hour. I found that one hour sessions seemed very long to both the student and to me so it was more typical that we did half-hour sessions. If you think parents in your area won't be able to pay that you can schedule two students at the same time and do activities together. That makes it worth your time and the parents can pay what they can afford. Good luck with it!
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote