Has anyone had their site visit for Title? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Has anyone had their site visit for Title?

>

stoneypine

stoneypine

Has anyone had their site visit for Title?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year we are having our first site visit for Title. Any advice you can give me to make it a successful one?

Thanks!

LaVerne

self monitoring
Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi there,

Our school is on a self-monitoring set up where we have received a large packet of submissions our state office needs from us. We in turn have to mail it all back to them.

The state will not come out and visit our school. This is really sad in my opinion. Our principal has done NOTHING for our self monitoring but hand us (4 people) a large packet and walk away. Yet he is our Title administrator, getting paid to do what we will do. There have been changes in the parental involvement piece for our state and we have had NO advice from him.

I am so frustrated by the whole deal I could spit. I know I am doing my job as best as I can but really the guidance and follow through are non-existant.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

site visit
Old 12-07-2007, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We don't see people from the state, either. We have an auditor who visits, usually during the summer, and usually chooses something off an inventory list and the director has to locate the correct box and open it to show the item's existence. We also don't get a lot of direction from our director, but we are all old-timers who basically keep doing what we've always done.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

rdgspeclst

Yes on State Visit
Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh yes. I had the State visit every two years when I taught Title I. Just make sure that your records are in order. You need to be familiar with the modifications on IEPs and have all of your Title students information kept in a secure place. They will observe or they did me...teaching methods. It is quite fun though, as it is a time for you to SHINE!!
rdgspeclst is offline   Reply With Quote