Help

Visual & Performing Arts

UIL Art History Competition

>

yesteach

UIL Art History Competition
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Are there any Texas teachers here familiar with the Art test for elementary/junior high? I've ended up having to coach art for my students this year, and I what I know about art would fill... hmmmm... a thimble, perhaps? I have no idea where to even begin to look for information other than to just start "googling" the information I can find on the art pieces and the artists.

Are there any resources out there that I can get hold of for free, fast, to do some coaching??

yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

ms.artteacher

don't worry
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I spent 8 years in art school (specialized high school and uni.), and I'm still looking stuff up. There is so much good stuff on the net, museum websites are a great place to start (most have ed. games and kid pages), but as I'm in Canada, I suggest you look at ones in your area. The Smithonean and Moma sites are great to.

But here's my real suggestion, get a fat art-history survey style book from the library, and go period by period depending on whats covered on the test. Don't bother reading the whole chapters, but use it as a googling guide. You'll start to see how one period leads into another, and that they cycle between "classicism" (staunchy intellectual) and "romantic" (nature loving and emotional), or just find games and activities for specific periods.
ms.artteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
aron

aron

yes
Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

what ever they do do you know anthing at all dumb