Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Fine Arts Day Help

>

multi

Fine Arts Day Help
Old 01-31-2010, 04:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Yikes. My colleague and I have decided to help participate in our school’s fine arts day…this week. We did this a few years back with a puppet show of Anansi and the Moss Covered Rock. Then students were able to make a puppet of their favorite character from the book. It was great.
Our idea for this year was to present The Gingerbread Man and then have students decorate a real gingerbread cookie…well when I looked into it $$$$$$$$.
Any thoughts about what we could do? We both didn’t want to do Anansi again!! We would like to stick to a picture book with a few characters, because it is just her and I. Then the students need to ‘make’ something. Any thoughts on that?

multi is offline   Reply With Quote

duckers

V. Hungry Caterpillar
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you maybe do something with the V. Hungry Caterpillar? You could do a puppet show of that and then the chitlins could either make a caterpillar or maybe one of those blobs of paint symmetrical butterflies? Or even have them all make the different foods and make a mural? Or make a stained glass window style butterfly using tissue paper or cellophane?

On the Eric Carle website there is an 'exchange' page for people to send in their ideas to use with his books... you might find something there. http://www.eric-carle.com/catexchange.html

Good luck.
duckers is offline   Reply With Quote