Help

High School

Specialized Substitutes

>

Teacher_twins

Specialized Substitutes
Old 08-03-2014, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So in my district, the subs can chose when they want to sub and for who. Well at my school, there is this one substitute who wants to be a math teacher so she comes to all the math department meetings and whenever we are going to out, we call her and tell her what lesson I was planning on teaching that day, than I leave a sample of the notes I would write and the homework assignment along with a teacher edition of the textbook. Than she comes in and teaches it and the kids hate that they don't have a "free day" but I guess they like how she teaches. She has a degree in accounting and is a licensed CPA but realized she didn't like accounting so she became a sub. Now, she voluntarily does this, it is not a district policy, this is not a school policy, she does not get paid extra, she just does it. She also is very involved in the school. Like she sells tickets for sports events, she chaperons field trips, and when testing comes around, she just comes into school and sits in the office and she is usually assigned a class to cover or pick up tests. She has told me that she only subs at this school and a middle school. Do you have this luxury like our math department does?

Also, I think the music department has a sub like I do except he isn't involved in the school and he subs at all the high schools.

Teacher_twins is online now   Reply With Quote

Submamma

It always amazes me...
Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

At how above and beyond some people go. When there is someone so invested in our schools, our children of their own free will, do whatever it takes to keep them excited about helping out. Too many people just don't care anymore, see the job as just that, a way to make a buck. How lucky for you and your students!
Submamma is offline   Reply With Quote