Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Psych Office Closure Update

>

TeacherPK6

Psych Office Closure Update
Old 01-16-2021, 08:34 AM

Thank you everyone who reached out/commented with support, care, advice, etc from my last post. I really, really appreciate it! Here's a quick update.

My GP was able to send in the prescriptions. Huge relief. Unfortunately, because the last Rx for Clonozepam was for twice a day (it was in between that my Psych told me to increase to 3x a day), I'm not "supposed" to be out of it yet, so my pharmacy can't fill it (understandable, but ugh). Also, there seems to have been a miscommunication, as the Buspar Rx is the right dosage, but the wrong amount of pills per day (too few). I'll probably need to maybe make a telehealth appointment with my GP or something. I'll wait until I pick up the Clonozepam though to ensure that's accurate (it's the weekend now anyway, at least I have enough for now).
I DID get a call from my former psych yesterday evening. She gave me her new phone number if I want to follow her. She didn't ask about my meds, which kind of upset me (even if unjustifiably). The thing is, she's much further away now (and that's via a high traffic during rush hour route). Also, the practice is a addiction recovery center (and that's full blown in the name). Even if she's seeing former patients that are not for addictions there (she's also the owner apparently, according to the website), I feel nervous about being potentially seen or associated with that place (can you imagine parents at school putting it all over FB that Ms. so and so "must be addicted to drugs?" ). I also feel just a bit gun shy. I don't *think* (or have a reason to think), that there was anything problematic with her, but this whole closure is really fishy sounding to me, and it's put me in a position of feeling a bit leary of everything.

I did take the number though. I just don't know what I'm going to do yet. I think my GP would be willing to continuously prescribe mental health meds, but I hadn't yet figured out what "worked" fully which kind of makes me think I probably still need a psych to help me work that out. At least now I don't have to worry about suddenly stopping something due to running out. I'm keeping ahold of the old bottles too, just in case (no news on medical records). Unfortunately, like I mentioned, the clonozepam bottle still says just twice a day, but if that's all someone's willing to prescribe because of that then so be it.

I feel like I'm in some crazy made up story. I'm kind of glad that it made the news around here, because when I tell people (doc, pharmacist) I feel like I sound like a drug seeker.
Because of said anxiety, I'm still freaking out a little, but trying to remind myself it'll all work out eventually (for example, said Buspar is not a controlled substance so getting that adjusted shouldn't be too problematic).

TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

dee

Glad it worked out.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:55 AM

Would she be willing to do tele-health?
Maybe continue seeing her until your meds are right. This would give you time to find a new psych?
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
msd2

msd2

Old 01-16-2021, 09:12 AM

Get your medical records from your old doctor. They should contain information about the increased dosage for your medications.
Explain your circumstance to your former doctor and let her know you need the medical records asap.

kidsrterrific

Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM

Dee has a good idea seeking the tele-health calls. If you feel comfortable enough with your psychiatrist can you you explain your feelings and ask for a new doctor recommendation closer to you? I agree that your GP is okay for now for for ongoing treatment a psychiatrist is best. So happy that immediate things are working out!
kidsrterrific is online now   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Thanks for the update
Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM

Glad to hear you are were able to get your meds.

tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 01-16-2021, 09:28 AM

did i miss the reason for the abrupt closure?
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 01-16-2021, 09:34 AM

Iím glad things are looking up for the moment. It seems to me that you do a fantastic job of advocating for yourself. Way to go!
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 01-16-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
did i miss the reason for the abrupt closure?
It was a very large multi-location, many provider practice (both med management and therapy). According to the article, "financial reasons" were listed. Providers found out they were laid off via email! The practice itself did not give any warning, contact any patients, or leave any info on how to get medical records, etc.
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 01-16-2021, 09:41 AM

ah--thanks for the update! i hope it all works out for you--glad your meds aren't currently an issue.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 01-16-2021, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the update. Iím so glad your Gp was willing to prescribe at least something to get you through. I am praying you have wisdom on what to do next.

KatieViolet is online now   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 01-16-2021, 01:09 PM

Good to hear that you are getting your prescriptions filled somewhat correctly while you try to sort this out. I understand your hesitancy with following your old psych to her new place but I know you will decide what's best at the right time. Wishing you the best and hoping it works out soon for you. Thnaks so much for the update. I've been thinking of you.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Meds
Old 01-16-2021, 01:19 PM

Go there.
If you have a good relationship with her and want to continue to work with her - go there.
Your personal life is no oneís business but your own. What you I do to maintain your health is no oneís business but your own. You owe no one an explanation.
Taking care of your metal health is way more important than gossip. Please take care of you!
MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 01-16-2021, 07:23 PM

I agree with the idea of seeing her once or twice until you get all the dosages figured out and in the meantime, look for a new psych.

Glad you got your medications!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 01-17-2021, 11:22 PM

I'm glad to hear you were able to get a refill. I would see if this pysch would do phone calls with you until your meds are cleared up.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote