Help

The VENT

Does he think I won’t look?

>

sbslab

Does he think I won’t look?
Old 01-18-2021, 11:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Seventh grader. Third year of academic classes with me, various subjects. Is and has been this way through whole school life (small school). Smart enough. Tired of being politically correct, he’s lazy.

First LATE assignment I look at...So. America topic- we’re studying Middle East now...passed in an old assignment...on G-classroom! I don’t think that can be accidental.

Second LATE assignment...he got 2 of the 5 easy questions wrong and deleted the essay question.

Third LATE assignment...turned it in blank.

First on time assignment I looked at was done as a class in school. I thought they wouldn’t get it all done and would become homework. We just got it done by the skin of our teeth. His has 20 answers, there were 19 questions. He clearly wrote any word from the list given on the assignment. He accidentally got two right.

It has taken me longer to write all my comments for the poor grades than it did him to give me this garbage.

Same comments I’ve had for three years now despite the many conferences. I can’t make him care about or do the work. It’s so frustrating to me.

Last edited by sbslab; 01-18-2021 at 03:13 PM..
sbslab is offline   Reply With Quote

BioBirdie

It has taken me longer to write all my commen
Old 01-18-2021, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I must have his sister in my class!
I remember a workshop once where the presenter said to stop working harder than our students. Students need to do the difficult work to learn. Unfortunately for teachers that's not what is culturally expected. I try to give assignments like that back and tell students to redo them. Give them zeros when not resubmitted. Call parents. Email guidance counselor. Make a paper trail so when the kid fails you can say how you were clear in you expectations and available to help. Easier said than done. And of course when the kid fails you get him again next year. Ugh! This job. I'm tired of lazy kids!!
BioBirdie is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 01-18-2021, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh my..I'd be extremely annoyed as well sorry sbslab
anna is offline   Reply With Quote