Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

crabby--foot situation

>

tia

crabby--foot situation
Old 01-05-2021, 06:36 PM

this summer i had my derma check a mole on my foot--she checks it every year and measures. this year she noted it had a red dot in the center--a sign that my body is fighting it. so i had to have it removed.

i didn't want to take care of it this summer....because COVID and i was running 5-6 days a week. she said i shouldn't wait any later than christmas break.

so i had it done yesterday. WHAT was i thinking? i think i was in complete denial about the seriousness...it took 2 stitches to close up...and i asked, "how long until i can run on it?" "2 weeks until the stitches come out...maybe 3"

lost 20 pounds last year (really just march-november)--then gained 5 back in past 2 months. one of my goals is to lose 20 again (that previous 5 and 15 more)--my plan was to up my running/walking game---i don't do a great job exercising during the school year--so another goal was to track my workouts on a calendar (with fun colored pens) so i would be inspired to not break a streak and see how long i could go.

seriously--how did i not think this through? so now i have to do leg and arm lifts and sit ups and planks and other random body movements that don't require being on my feet. blecchhhhh....

tia is offline   Reply With Quote

sped91

Hurt foot workouts
Old 01-05-2021, 07:26 PM

I had a stress fracture in my metatarsal this summer and I'm still recovering. I was in a boot for 9 weeks. I found on youtube some workouts by Caroline Jordan specifically geared for people with foot injuries. Some are better than others, but you might find something that will be helpful.
sped91 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Feel better...
Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Pahla B on YouTube has some seated workouts. They are free.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Tiaís foot
Old 01-05-2021, 08:20 PM

Oh yeah, that is a royal PITA. Commit to doing all the other exercises that donít require the foot. And stay off of it. I didnít, and everything came back and Iím looking at a second surgery.😩
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

dee

Dodged a bullet
Old 01-06-2021, 01:31 AM

A friend's sister had the same situation from what I can tell.

She ended up having 3 toes removed, and then found out it had totally metastasized. She passed.

Please turn your focus to what you have rather thanfocusibg on what you temporarily can't do.

dee is offline   Reply With Quote