Help

The VENT

Pen Pal Frustration

>

elisab1963

Pen Pal Frustration
Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so tired of trying to get some simple pen pals for my second grade class. I have had teachers both on PT and epals who say they are eager for penpals, but then never follow through. I would love for my class to be able to write letters, but I can't even talk about it to them because I don't want to get their hopes up. Hmmm...maybe it's because we're in NJ.

elisab1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ria

Still want pen pals?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Are you still looking for pen pals? I would be interested in writing about once a month. I live in Iowa. I have 18 students in my class. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can get the information to each other. We could get working on it next week.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

You know
Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Elisa...that's why I don't do them anymore. The kid get their hopes up, and it never seems to work out.

Good luck!
SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

tona

hey, i'll do it.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm looking also. Having the same problems. I have 21 first graders and they are waiting and asking when we will start writing our penpals. We can exchange info if you email me at joneal2@cinci.rr.com.
tona is offline   Reply With Quote

acorn

Pen pals
Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have pen pals here where I teach. I use a local teacher friend. We send the letters through the "pony." Our school mail. My first graders love writing and receiving. At Christmas time we just sent cards with no letter. They were thrilled to receive cards back. We'll send cards at Valentines as well.

We just alternated writing months. But I am glad I used someone within my district.

This is our second year doing it. Hearing form our pen pals is always so exciting for the kids.

I participated in a gingerbread project which was a lot of work but well worth the effort. My students loved receiving the gingerbread people.

I hope you find success with another class. Please don't give up I think pen pals are worthwhile.

acorn is offline   Reply With Quote