Help

The VENT

Sick again....

>

TheTrunch

You're young enough
Old 12-29-2017, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

to escape. There are lots of options. I doubt it's going to get any easier either.

TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

1 Signed out

1 Signed out

Sick again....
Old 12-30-2017, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We got out on the 15th for break. The next day I went out of state to visit my good friend. Well that Sunday I started feeling awful with a sore throat and congestion. This hindered my trip since I was so fatigued.

I came back home on Tuesday and started to feel somewhat better. Well this past Wednesday I started feeling sick again.I woke up feeling like a truck hit me on Thursday. I thought it was the flu. I usually get a flu shot, but havenít got one this year. I went to urgent care since I knew I would have to wait hours for my doc to see me. I was tested for flu and strep and negative for both. The doctor said it was probably viral and didnít give me any meds. She said call back in 3 days if I still have a fever...I do.
Also since this school year began my blood pressure has been really high. I donít want to go on blood pressure meds at 35! I really donít know how Iím going to make it to June. I have a beyond terrible class on top everything else and a micromanaging principal. A principal who said ď we should come to work sick b/c we have to make sacrificesĒ. Thinking of going back Tuesday makes me feel worse. I know the stress of work is making me sick. I held on until break and my body basically crashed. More on that later.

I am so upset because a dear co worker lost her mother unexpectedly and I was unable to attend the funeral yesterday, my boyfriend as of 7 months had a birthday on Thursday. I bought him basketball tickets and we were supposed to leave tonight to stay at a nice hotel and go to the game tomorrow. Well thatís not happening. I told him to ask a friend to go in my place. He is really understanding and said he doesnít want to take anyone else.

I have to manage my stress. This class is going to give me a stroke or heart attack. I have boys that get up and fight in the middle of class. Another student was diagnosed with ED but the district special ed coordinator wonít place him at the school with that program, so I walk around on egg shells. He has destroyed my room twice this year. Along with the reading promotion requirements which began this year Iím feel stretched to the max. There is no admin support and no union.

Renea

Therapy?
Old 12-31-2017, 01:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you considered talking to a therapist? Perhaps you might find ways to minimize the stress. Many teachers seek counseling to help them navigate the stress of teaching. There's no shame.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Do you have allergies? I used to be sick all the time with issues related to sinuses and ears. I also had upper respiratory symptoms. Once I was on allergy shots and regular medications, I was so much better. I very rarely get sick now, and when I do it's not for long.

Also, don't stress about going on blood pressure medications. I started on blood pressure medications at age 26. I was getting regular exercise and was within normal range for weight. I wasn't really even overly stressed about work. But I needed the meds, so I took them. That also made me feel a lot better.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

TheTrunch

Ima Teacher
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I think you're on to something about the allergies. That's been a hard sell for me but I've finally realized that for me what starts out as a virus goes into an allergy thing that goes on and on. Used to be during cold and flu season whenever I heard people say, "Oh it's just allergies", I have grimaced thinking grrr...you're contagious and don't want to admit it. Now I understand for me anyway....virus then allergies.

TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 01-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
virus then allergies
Mine is actually allergies, then bacterial infection of ears and sinuses. Still miserable. Feels like a cold at first, then gets worse.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote