Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Beachbody anyone?

>

PEPteach

Beachbody anyone?
Old 09-21-2019, 07:10 AM

My friend just started selling it. $100 for a year of workouts. Better than a gym membership. I'm not a good worker-outer. Part of me says I won't work out at home. The other part of me says I won't work out in a gym either. I need to start working out. I do love to get outside and hike, but that's not really an option for November-April here, if even that. Thoughts? Experiences?

PEPteach is offline   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 09-21-2019, 07:49 AM

I have a Beachbody on Demand subscription and I love it! The nearest place for me to work out is 30 minutes away. Being able to exercise in my home is so convenient. It really helped me be consistent with exercising because there are no excuses to not do it. As soon as I get home from school, I change clothes and get my workout done. And there are so many programs to choose from that it's easy for me to customize what I do. If I feel I only have time for a 20 minute workout, I can find one that fits. If I can devote 60 minutes, there are workouts for that. And lots of different kinds to choose from, too...cardio, strength, HIIT, etc.
hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 09-21-2019, 08:44 AM

oops. Didn't mean to post. sorry
Peaches Pears is offline   Reply With Quote

Lady Teacher

Beachbody
Old 09-21-2019, 09:57 AM

I've been a Beachbody coach for several years and I love it. I was never consistent when I went to the gym. Now I would out in the mornings before work. I can do a specific program or whatever I am in the mood for, cardio, HIIT training, heavy weights, yoga, abs etc. You can choose your level, and choose the length of workouts. You're in a hurry and only have 20 minutes? There is a program for that! You want to go hard core and can put in an hour a day? There's a program for that. There is also a ton of nutrition advice and support. The $100 a year is so worth it!
Lady Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 09-21-2019, 10:01 AM

Is the nutrition part included in the $100? What does that all involve?

Lady Teacher

Beachbody
Old 09-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Yes, there is a nutrition tab. That is included in Beachbody on Demand. Also, the different workouts usually have a food plan with them. So, if you follow 21 Day Fix, that has a meal plan so does 80 Day Obsession, etc. If you purchase Beachbody on Demand it's worth investing in the containers. The container system is used by almost all of the fitness programs. Your friend can give you all of that information. Is she your coach?

PEPteach

Old 09-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Thank you! I haven't officially signed up yet, because I'm still trying to learn more. She would be my coach. I just don't want to get her excited about me joining before I know more.

travelingfar

Nope
Old 09-21-2019, 10:36 AM

I usually don't purchase products from multi level marketing companies, so I would pass on this.

Last edited by travelingfar; 09-21-2019 at 11:30 AM..
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 AM

Yes, travelingfar, I struggle with that, too.

CheddarCheese

Old 09-21-2019, 04:57 PM

I have a former classmate who used to be a Beachbody coach. She had amazing results. Iíve thought about signing up because of the library of workouts.

Honestly, I donít see BB consultants being pushy like other MLM. Iíve been with two MLM companies. Not all are bad. Just because you sign up doesnít mean that you have to build your ďteam.Ē You can be whatís called a kit napper to get the benefits without trying to sell.

CheddarCheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Lady Teacher

Beachbody
Old 09-21-2019, 05:34 PM

You actually don't have to buy anything and there is a money back guarantee. If you don't love Beachbody on Demand just cancel it. There is no pressure to keep it. I don't know about other marketing companies but I was never ever pressured to purchase anything and I don't pressure others. Yes, I believe in it but you never have to purchase anything else and you don't have to sign other coaches. There are many that sign up as a discount coach because they love the products and want to purchase at the coach discounted price. I was a discount coach for two years and I was never pressured to be an active coach.

Gromit

Old 09-21-2019, 06:19 PM

Beachbody is an MLM

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/com..._a_little_ama/

https://perfectionhangover.com/why-i...body-coaching/
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 09-21-2019, 08:05 PM

There are thousands of free workout videos on youtube. If you have a smart TV, Roku, Fire Stick, or something similar, you can even play them on your TV screen if you don't want to look at your laptop/phone. Then just search for whatever kind of workout you want to do.

I told myself I would re-join a gym when I move and I need to get on it. I tried working out from home and I just can't stick to it consistently. I used to do well with mostly going to the gym on school days and then doing a video during the weekend. When I tried to do all videos I just didn't stick with it. Once I'm already home from work, it's too hard to convince myself to work out. There are several of those $10 per month type gyms in my new area so I really have no excuse (I left my old place because it was over $60 per month, and I was only using the basic equipment).
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

cheerio

Old 09-21-2019, 08:25 PM

No in my opinion because Iíve read too much on Reddit antimlm and reddit hunsnark (they snark on the people who push beachbody).
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Fitness Blender
Old 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM

If you want good online workouts for FREE, try Fitness Blender. All of their videos are free. They have cardio, HIIT, strength training, etc. in various levels and lengths. You can do a "search" for what kind of workout, intensity, and length you want. Good instruction. There is no music added to their workouts, so I play my own music through my wireless speaker when I use their videos.
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 09-22-2019, 04:03 PM

I love my Beachbody on demand. I donít do their nutrition plans, supplements, or their coaches. I like having access to their workouts at home.
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote