>

twinmom95

Real ID documentation question
Old 11-18-2019, 01:23 PM

Nevermind, found my answer

twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 PM

I think that you do need the documents--such as birth certificate and marriage certificate. To get copies, contact the state where the birth or marriage occurred. Here's a link: https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents#item-212689
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

liberty teach

Real ID
Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 PM

Glad you found your answer. A passport makes things a whole lot easier.
liberty teach is online now   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 11-18-2019, 02:21 PM

Yes, I have a passport, social security card, current license, utility and property tax bills all in my married name which I've had for 35 years. I only had my maiden name for 20 years haha

Reading it again more carefully, since they are all in the same name I do not need to bring my birth certificate and then prove that my name was changed by marriage. Phew!
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 11-18-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
. Yes, I have a passport, social security card, current license, utility and property tax bills all in my married name which I've had for 35 years. I only had my maiden name for 20 years haha

Reading it again more carefully, since they are all in the same name I do not need to bring my birth certificate and then prove that my name was changed by marriage
Hereís my funny story. I went several months ago with the exact documentation that you had. The first woman at the desk told me I still need my birth certificate and marriage license. I tried to point out to her that the information paper said I didnít need them if my passport, social security card, etc were all in my married name. But she just dismissed me.

I went home got the birth certificate and marriage license I went back to the DMV and stood in a different line with a different woman. This time the new woman told me that I didnít need those items! Oh, well. Time wasted. I just feel sorry for people who need to take time off of work and deal with workers who have not been trained correctly.

hand is offline   Reply With Quote