Help

The VENT

Is it really necessary?

>

LuvMyRatties

Is it really necessary?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Honestly, why do some kids feel the need to pull the fire alarms? Someone decided it would be fun to do so just as nutrition was starting, so none of the students were in their classes and no one knew what to do. The other problem is that because of the new system that was just installed, the administration is unable to get on the PA system for 60 seconds. This means no one can give directions. JOY!

LuvMyRatties is offline   Reply With Quote

Quatro

Recipe for disaster
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ikes! Do you have video cameras in your hallways? We do and I love them !
Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMyRatties

Nope
Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That would be logical and we don't do "logical"
LuvMyRatties is offline   Reply With Quote

Adams

Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

One of the schools in our district sprays an ink when the lever is pulled. There is no way for the culprit to hide or remove this noticeable mess.
Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

coffee&books

kinda' funny
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Not the OP, but the idea of the ink being sprayed. Can you imagine what could happen in a real emergency? "Uh, excuse me, you there, could you please pull this alarm? There's a blaze behind you but these pants make my butt look nice and I don't want anything to ruin them."
Meanwhile, let's hope that Rattie's school administration takes this as a learning experience; the kids and staff need to know what to do if a fire occurs during such a time! True emergencies are rarely planned. Of course, the kid that pulled the alarm still needs some serious consequences.

coffee&books is offline   Reply With Quote

Winn-Dixie

Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

okay, not going to lie. the inner demon child inside me has always wanted to pull the fire alarm. not going to lie...sometimes i still do.

would i do it? of course not! i have better self control than that but i do remember being in school and just thinking that i'd like to pull the alarm. but then i remembered that i had parents at home who'd probably kill me. i remember telling my mother this one day, and she said that i'd get inked if i did that. that pretty much ended it for me. if i was going to do it, i didn't want to get caught!!!!!
Winn-Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Valone

Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

One of my darlings pulled one yesterday. The entire school district out the door.... fire dept. on their way.

One of the secretaries was gossiping that 'if I kept a better eye on my kids!!!!!!'
It was a 6 year old Amish girl with Downs Syndrome. I have 14 kids(4-5 year olds) and I was walking them to the busses. I was in front leading them TO the busses, counting them as they were coming out the door, and as she walked out the door, she grabbed the alarm that is just to the left of the door. And exactly how am I leaving my kids unsupervised? I am never more then a few feet from any off them! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
She is one of those gossippy office ladies who will be talking about it everywhere in town.
Valone is offline   Reply With Quote
UghFireAlarms

UghFireAlarms

Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I'm in a single-wide trailer. I had a kinder pull mine a few months back because he "wanted to see what would happen". Did he get in trouble? Nope! My guidance counselor told him it was "cute". NOTHING happened to him. Where do these higher level admins get their degrees....online university?