Half Full/Half Empty Glass---Vent/Question? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The VENT

Half Full/Half Empty Glass---Vent/Question?

>

PrincessK

Deleted.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I decided to delete my original post.
Thank you for your answers...I wanted to know how other teachers would respond.

bkinder---you're right. My actions are all that matters. Thank you!

Last edited by PrincessK; 01-13-2010 at 08:59 PM..
PrincessK is offline   Reply With Quote

dalleo822

I think the glass is half full
Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

…he at least completed the project. It may not have been up to your standards, but at least he did his best. He was probably proud of the project he completed and felt good about completing it. You said that he comes from a poorer background and struggles academically...he used materials that were readily available to him like Legos (probably something that he enjoyed using). And you can’t blame the parents for not helping…I know a lot of parents that don’t help their kids with their assignments. I did have one question regarding this assignment…did you give the students some sort of rubric to grade their assignments or just ask them to complete it. Overall, I would be happy that he did his assignment. I don’t think that you were unfair to the other students either. As long as a student puts forth good effort and at least turns in the assignment, I would find that a great accomplishment.
dalleo822 is offline   Reply With Quote

bkinder

Indian Home
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The fact that you smiled during the entire presentation, definately says you weren't bad. We can't always control our feelings but ussually can our actions.

That child however had figured out a material to use to build his Indian House most likely all by himself. He had completed the job and brought it to school, most likely without any prompting by parents. It sounds like he was very proud of it and did a great job of presenting it. Is it possible he did the best he could?

I think the students probably were encouraged to be creative, do there own work. I believe he might of done that, He thought it was great, I would of praised his work the same as the others.

It might be a good idea next time to give them a list of acceptable materials to use when doing a project of this type.
bkinder is offline   Reply With Quote