Help

ARCHIVE

Name tags on chairs

>

Teddi9192

Name tags on chairs
Old 06-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been thinking about putting name tags on the backs of chairs with velcro dots. We departmentalize and I have three kids per desk. We have to put a work rubric on each desk. Do you think this will work or be a nightmare?

Teddi9192 is online now   Reply With Quote

MayCee

Name Tags
Old 06-13-2010, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I put the name on the back if chairs one year. I teach 1st/2nd and at the beginning many of my 1st graders were always turning around to look at the spelling of their name especially their last name. It was annoying at first, but after awhile they stopped turning around and looking so it was great. I didn't have them picking at their name tags all year.
MayCee is offline   Reply With Quote

stretchberry

Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
Do you think this will work or be a nightmare?
Yes.

But, seriously, I wouldn't do it. Is there a magnet surface on the side or front of the desk that would work? The business card sized magnets from Vistaprint are great for nametags, or you could use a regular nametag/nameplate with magnet tape.

We departmentalize, and I don't put nametags on the desks. It just doesn't seem to be needed. I stress that the desk is just a workspace; it doesn't belong to anyone. The students don't keep their supplies in the desks, so we don't have to worry about someone using, taking, or breaking someone else's stuff. We use community supplies for some things. The other things are stored in the students' cubbies.
stretchberry is offline   Reply With Quote