Help

ARCHIVE

Completely cleaning out

>

ladybug12

Completely cleaning out
Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm going into my 9th year of teaching and I cannot believe the amount of junk I have accumulated...well, I guess I can believe it because I save everthing! I am making a concentrated effort to get rid of EVERYTHING but the necessities. I'm talking about the stuff that I've had for 7 years and keep saying, "I might need that for a project someday". Or the materials that look like they're from the 70's that I scored my first year of teaching! Anyone else cleaning house?

ladybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote

treetoad

Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Good for you - do it again in 7 years! Yes you'll wish you had something but you can also say so what can I find now and off you will go. It was a wonderful feeling for me when I cleaned out my last year!
treetoad is offline   Reply With Quote

dutchgirl

Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm cleaning out too. So tired of packed cabinets and mess. What a pile of stuff that I never use! I'm going in to school when I know no one else will be there so I'm not tempted to ask if anyone wants stuff. Just dump it or take it home to list for sale online.

Good luck to us both
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

DoxieTeacher

Old 06-13-2010, 01:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did that because I was moved from 4th grade to 7th and 8th grade math. I actually went through my 6th grade stuff from previous years and got rid of things too. I Just kept two essential tubs of 4th grade and two essential tubs of 6th grade. I figured if I needed anything and was moved back, I would go and buy it. I have heard when you go to secondary you never go back, so we shall see!
DoxieTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

momtow

Me too!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I started this spring and I will go in this summer and really clean old stuff out that I haven't used and I am sure I never will. I moved to a smaller room so it is really necessary.

momtow is offline   Reply With Quote

BookBug

Big Move
Old 06-13-2010, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We are moving back to Florida this summer (from SC). I have never been much of a pack-rat, but I did go through my things and purge, purge, purge! It feels so good. Now I know that what I have WILL get used daily or at least weekly.
BookBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

Good for you!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You are now officially my inspiration...I need to do that soooooo bad.

It is only the end of my 5th year but I teach SpEd K-5. My first year was only the second year for my program and I had NOTHING...I saved everything I could get my hands on. Plus I had kids on ability levels pre-K to 5th. I needed OT activities for the kids with multiple disabilities and grade level stuff for those with LD and autism.

Those students are not in my program now so I need to do some serious purging. I moved into a new room last week and moved so much of my stuff myself just because I was so embarrassed by how much I had.

It will probably take all of July to do the job though.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Miller

Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I think I'm going to have to do that. I have loads of junk and DH just doesn't understand. I have boxes and boxes of book resources and boxes of random craft junk that might come in handy. I need to get rid of the might come in handy stuff. It would also help if I could teach the same thing/subject/grade for many consecutive years.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

only4Him

Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

ha ha.
Yep. 18 years in the same grade and I decided to clean out my stuff this year...finally. I gave away a lot and I know that I didn't really need any of it. I like to create new things each year so much of it was just accumulation. Yea for cleaning!
only4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

toshiracat

cleaning out...
Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I'm moving to a portable that's approximately half the size of my previous classroom...that will make you get rid of a ton! It's hard to believe I saved as much as I did - going through it was a fun walk down memory lane. Some will be stored at home (my husband will be thrilled!), but the rest has got to go.

toshiracat is offline   Reply With Quote