Help

ARCHIVE

Name Tags

>

heatherwagn

Name Tags
Old 06-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone not put name tags on the students desk? I teach first grade and I know that the children sometimes need help spelling their name but I don't like dealing with the children picking at their name tags. I was thinking of just writing their name on a sentance strip and laminating it or keeping it on the front of their work folder. Any suggestions? I'm scared to not put something on their desk ...

If you do put nametags on their desk what do you tape them down with?

heatherwagn is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnswim

I've done
Old 06-13-2010, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Names on velcro dots before, and if they play with it a lot, I remove it. I have also put them on the back of their chairs. I do not teach 1st, third; just a thought!
teachnswim is offline   Reply With Quote

Retiredtchr6

One year
Old 06-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I told the kids I was going to give them a prize at the end of the year for the one who had the neatest name tag. For most of them it worked. Prpbably the kids with a tendency toward ADD had the roughest looking tags.
Retiredtchr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

cheerio

Old 06-13-2010, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I buy the ones with the numbers lines/multiplication tables etc. (I teach 2/3). I told them at the beginning of the year if they picked the tape off then I would take it away and they would have no number line/multiplication table to help them. 2 weeks left of school and only one kid has his literally hanging on by one little piece of tape. The rest are still in near perfect condition
cheerio is online now   Reply With Quote

JME

Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

i switched to putting name tags on the inside edge of the desks--they tend to forget they are they and they don't play with them, but they are still handy if they need to refer to them for cursive (or printing as in your case) practice. I use magnetic tape so they can easily pull them out of their desks and put them back as needed.

JME is offline   Reply With Quote

only4Him

Old 06-13-2010, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yes! I always put name tags on the top of the desks and the front of the desks. I feel this helps visitors and subs as well. I use contact paper to stick them on and I make my own tags each year to match with my class theme. They're cute and most kids take care of them. If the need replacement, they peel off with no mark and I can make a new one.
only4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

smartgal33

Desk Tags
Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

HI,

I'm a neat freak and I also admit that I HATE how grungy desk tags can get and switching them for a transfer student is such a pain!

Until I found these...

http://shop.reallygoodstuff.com/prod...urPicks&page=2

They are a really sturdy vinyl plastic coated so I can use a sharpie marker to write their names and when a student moves out I can use nail polish remover to "erase" their name for a new student. AND they are self adhesive and really stick well all year. They run about 30$ for a class set but I think it's worth the expense b/c they still look nice in June!
smartgal33 is offline   Reply With Quote

kckrzy

Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I change desk name tags monthly. I laminate them first and then tape them done with wide tape from Wal mart. I use a lot of sticky notes or note pads for name tags. The kids love them and I usually only have one or two picked at. I've also rewarded students at the end of the month for neat name tags.
kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

BayAreaSub

Oh, Please!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Please have name tags available for students to at least pull out when a sub arrives. It is always wonderful to find name tags already on desks when I arrive before school starts. I can easily sketch out a seating chart, which is a substitute's most powerful tool, other than a good listing of discipline procedures in the lesson plan. If there are no tags, I am forced to pull out journal books or incomplete papers from each desk, in order to fill out my chart. SO helpful during the day. I can easily let students know their behavior will be recorded for the teacher, mark a phonetic version of a student's name, or mark down when a student leaves to go to a special program or the office. I love it when a puzzled student asks me right away, "How do you know our names?" I then answer that I am psychic.
BayAreaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I use them but I don't tape them to the desk.
I actually teach the kids how to use all the info on the name tag and find it more successful if they can bring the name tag to circle, small group table etc.
I found when I taped them to the desk they didn't use all the info in the tag.

Going back to grade 1 in Sept so I have to start thinking about these sorts of things again.

Peaches Pears is online now   Reply With Quote

Luv my Coton

I use name tags
Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

daily. I also teach 1st grade and use the name tages with lots of information on them such as colors, shapes, the alphabet and the sounds and a number line. I laminate them and for the first time taped them down with the blue painters tape hidden underneath. No tape was visible for them to pick at.They lasted about half the year. I had an after school program in my classroom and when they started using my classroom, they started looking ragged. When the program left after spring break, I made new ones. They still look good. I'm going to try it again next year.
Luv my Coton is offline   Reply With Quote

yogi

Old 06-14-2010, 10:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I have a friend that just writes their name with a Sharpie (or maybe vis-a-vis?) directly on the desk and then cleans it off at the end of the year.
yogi is offline   Reply With Quote

dex

Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I put magnets on the back of the name tags and then place them on the front of their desks. If the students need to refer to them, they can simply pull them off and then replace them when they are finished.
dex is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

name tags
Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Last year was the first year I did not do name tags. I made them (tent style) and set them on the desks first week or so. I know their names by the end of the first day. I left them for a sub if they wanted them. I do leave a seating chart, too. I was tired of cleaning the tape off each year. They do have a store card taped to their desks but that's all. I think I'll do the same thing this next year.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote