Help

Substitute Teachers

The Oscar for most creative reason

>

mooba1

The Oscar for most creative reason
Old 11-20-2019, 10:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

you didn't have your math homework goes to...

the 2nd grade student who told me this morning that "My dog didn't eat my homework, but she licked it, so I left it on the couch".

Thank you and goodnight.

mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 11-20-2019, 12:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't like subbing elementary, but whenever I do, I come away with little expressive gems like that.

A girl ran up to me once with a plastic croissant prop. I asked her if she knew where croissants came from. She beamed and said "yeah! Costco!" and I almost died laughing.

Another time, I mentioned that I enjoyed reading when I was "off the clock," and a girl said "you're not on the clock. The clock is on the wall."
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

The end
Old 11-21-2019, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Another 25 years of this crap and there will be no education system as we know it. Kids are so rude and disrespectful; their interest level in getting an education is sadly almost nonexistent. I sub at good schools. My heart goes out to those of you who sub at rough schools. Not looking forward to tomorrow the day before vacation, I already know it will be insane. Iím not sure why I agreed to work.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Old 11-23-2019, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
the 2nd grade student who told me this morning that "My dog didn't eat my homework, but she licked it, so I left it on the couch".
lol...this is exactly why I love teaching the littles. (You have to have a sense of humor for sure. )

I was recently long-term subbing 1st grade. The homework, if it arrived at all, would often be handed to me looking like road kill... mangled, pages stuck together, dirty, wet, or clearly had at some point been doused with some kind of liquid (I dare not ask), or reeking of cigarette smoke (I wonder who did HIS homework?) Needless to say, I kept an ample supply of hand sanitizer around.

If I asked a student about missing homework, I'd often get "You never gave it to me!" When I'd suggest looking in their backpack, they'd discover it crumpled up at the bottom of their bag, and not completed. Hmmm.

The other day, a student told me his dad was always losing his homework. Later in the day, his dad told me the boy was always hiding the homework. The jury's still out on that one.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote