Help

Substitute Teachers

How do you track being paid?

>

SubMan

How do you track being paid?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you have a system for tracking if you are being paid correctly?

I'm in six districts; two are agencies that pay weekly with direct deposit, three are districts that pay every other week with direct deposit, the last district pays monthly with paper checks.

I'm mostly concerned about the last district as it is a "slow pay" district in that all the days I worked in September didn't get paid until the middle of October.

Thanks

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

spreadsheet
Old 11-18-2019, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a spreadsheet with a column for each school. I write down the date and teacher's name, and I check it off after the check comes.
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 11-18-2019, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One district has a time sheet. I simply copy it before I hand it in. It lists dates, schools, teachers subbed for, and requires a signature from each job. Only problem I have ever had was two times I did not get my sick pay that was listed on the sheet. They processed it on the following paycheck.

The other has no time sheet so the only check-in I use is Aesop. I rarely sub there so I know if I get a check it's probably right.

I also write my sub days and teacher names on an actual calendar!

Both districts pay once per month on the 5th.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Yes
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I keep a hard copy calendar and on each day I log in all the details of the job and then once a month when I get paid I go back to the calendar and mark in a big green pen next to the ones Iíve been paid for and verify the amount I shouldíve been paid. Then I can flip back through and see if there any I was not paid for or paid for correctly. Itís a one stop shop for me to keep a record of all my jobs and being paid on my calendar.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 11-19-2019, 07:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I keep a hard copy calendar and at the end of the pay period I copy my timesheet before I turn it in. Iíve had them miss a sick day here and there, but it is corrected in real time.

Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

printout aesop forms
Old 11-21-2019, 09:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When I get the email from AESOP that I have a job, I print it out and keep it paper clipped for each pay period. I put a sticky note on the first page where I write the days worked. Haven't come across any mistakes, yet, but I did at the old district I worked at. I don't work there, anymore. They have more issues than wrong pay.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 11-24-2019, 08:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for all the replies.

What I've decided to do is print out my schedule from Aesop monthly and just write on that when I get paid by the district. I'll save these printouts and check stubs in a folder so I have everything in one place should I need to approach a district about missing days.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 11-26-2019, 11:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

One more reason why I absolutely love AESOP. I've only had one district not use AESOP and it was a pain. You could only see available days for that same day, not future jobs. Having to jump through hoops with checking off which picture had a bridge, etc. (and they were terrible pictures), etc. That was also the only district I was ever jipped in. So glad I don't work there, anymore. I would like to see the feedback that teachers give me, but that is a district issue, I think. AESOP shows what you've worked the entire school year.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 12-02-2019, 01:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

The district here has an online system that you have to register for. It tracks all your checks and even lets you pull up info in a pdf form. It's been a godsend honestly, since they've screwed up my paycheck like... half a dozen times and god knows how many times before I started actively combing through my worked-days and cross referencing them with my paycheck.
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote