The VENT

Idiotic!

>

jch

Idiotic!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This beats all!

I am in a school built by the WPA in 1938. NO PA system, NO phones, unable to truly secure the classroom doors (big single-paned window in the middle of it), the doors to the outside are unlocked during the day (because otherwise to get from the elem school to my middle school, one would have to walk all the way around the block!).

You get the picture - it's a crumbling old school that will only be replaced when the state finally condemns it - and believe me, it's close to that.

So, in all our district's wisdom, they secured a grant to bring in surveillance cameras. Wonderful! Now we can see everything and everyone all around and in our buildings. So... if a predator does get into our school, gee - they'll get it all on tape, but we won't be able to notify them as we have no PA or phone system!

Makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it?

jch is offline   Reply With Quote

unseen001

no pa
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Before we got phones in the room we got walkie talkies. Perhaps you might suggest that. At least you could try.
unseen001 is offline   Reply With Quote

ecsmom

Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree about the walkies. we have used them for several years. We are actually using cell phones now. They are programmed to only work for school purposes so they can't be used to make regular calls. However, since they are phones, they can be used when we are miles away on a field trip. We have a grant that pays for them.
ecsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

vika

Use cell phones
Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just ask your students to use their cell phones to call 911 or the office. (haha) Even some 2nd graders at my school have them.
vika is offline   Reply With Quote