Math & Science

life cycles

>

Hawaii828

Hawaii828

life cycles
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All! I am starting my unit on life cycles. I am looking up different activities to use for the remainder of the year. We started off talking about habitats and where certain animals live to get the students interest. I was just wondering, if anyone had any great ideas or thoughts to use in the classroom to teach about the life cycle?
Thank you

Zoso1701

What Grade?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

With my second graders, they'll be bringing in photos of their family. Baby photos, toddler, kid, teenager, adult and on up to grandparents.

I used a couple PowerPoints with first graders I could share. They then ordered the life cycle of frogs and mosquitos using pre-printed cards in their groups.
Zoso1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

lillyfrmdabx

Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did this last year as a "hook" I made cards using pictures: a picture of a baby, a toddler, a kid/child,teen, adult etc. I then read the book From Caterpillar to Butterfly. I then created the life cycle of a butter using popsicle sticks, pom poms, pipe cleaners and had the students put it in order on the board. I also gave them construction paper and found the life cycle of a butterfly coloring page and had them create their own.
lillyfrmdabx is offline   Reply With Quote