Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Anyone watching MAFS this season?

>

UVAgrl928

Anyone watching MAFS this season?
Old 01-29-2020, 06:13 PM

Am I the only one infuriated by so many of these dudes?!

UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

dav5fam

I started and...
Old 01-29-2020, 09:43 PM

I didn’t finish. It draws me in, but after watching so many other seasons, I just can’t! I knew from Day 1 that I wasn’t impressed with the candidates chosen. They need counseling for self before committing to something that can last a really long time (or not).

There are couples that have lasted, but they are fewer than those that do. It makes me sad. What are some of your other thoughts?

Last edited by dav5fam; 01-29-2020 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Wanted to ask a question
dav5fam is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 01-30-2020, 11:36 AM

What is masf?
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

I had to look it up
Old 01-30-2020, 01:18 PM

Married at First Sight
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 01-30-2020, 02:31 PM

Haha, sorry- yes- Married at First Sight.

I was really excited about this season because itís in DC, so itís a familiar area. I also feel like dating here is very different from a lot other places in the country.

I agree dav5fam- it does make me sad. I think through the years a lot of the women have reflected on themselves and are ready, but a lot of the men arenít. I think weíre also hearing a lot more and more each season that the guys are one way on camera, then a totally different person off.

Last night they were on day 3 of knowing each other. There are 5 couples:
-1 has told his wife heís not attracted to her or building an attraction to her
-1 told his wife that if she didnít have sex with him on the honeymoon he wanted out of the marriage
-and 1 had a temper tantrum about waking up with a camera pointed on him (ummm, itís a TV show?) and was rude to his wife the rest of the day

UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 01-30-2020, 03:19 PM

I'm watching. I think it's interesting that the "experts" went out of their way this year to emphasize not to expect a fairy tale, but a real life person with flaws and that there would be work to see this through. Now all of couples seem to be wanting fairy tales. It seems to be their "angle" this season.

I would say three of the men are being too "honest" and hurting the possibility of growing a relationship. There's something called putting your best foot forward. Thoughts you have about an "ideal" that isn't being met need to be kept to yourself at this point. If you are not feeling all the feels you wanted to, that's what not expecting a fairy tale means!

I wish the whole sex thing wasn't such a big part of it. The pressure! I wish they'd flat out say "you're adults and can do what you want, but we don't recommend sex before you are ready. we'd encourage you to take your time and build your relationship. Be respectful of each other and go the pace of the slower partner." I actually enjoy this show, but the whole sex thing is ridiculous.
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote