In Cali

>

Sweetsunset

In Cali
Old 04-12-2020, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Wow!

Quote:
Starting Sunday, for the week ending April 11, 2020, the EDD will begin paying an additional $600 on top of your current weekly benefit amount with the extra money coming from the federal government as part of the federal CARES Act. Here’s what you need to know:

Claimants do not need to do anything to receive this extra funding. The EDD will automatically add the full $600 to each week of current benefits that are paid every two weeks, as long you are eligible for at least $1 in a regular payment each week.
For someone receiving the most recent average Unemployment Insurance payment of $340 a week, a usual biweekly payment would equal $680. With the extra payment, that biweekly payment would increase to $1,880.
The first week the additional payments can be made is for the week ending April 4, not before. Separate retroactive payments will be automatically issued soon to those who had an active claim that week, and the $600 extra payments can continue to those who remain impacted and otherwise eligible for benefits through the week ending July 31, 2020.
Thought I'd pass this along....hope it helps someone...

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronav...19/workers.htm

Sweetsunset is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

California
Old 04-12-2020, 05:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just got $1,135!!! Woo Hoo!!!
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

In Cali
Old 04-12-2020, 06:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yay bodhimom!! Much needed relief I'm sure!

bodhimom

California
Old 04-12-2020, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Definitely. That was in addition to the unemployment money. It didn't have an explanation, or anything. Relieves some of the stress and fighting with my husband over money.

snazzyjazzy

Texas added the $600 this week too.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I started working at a grocery store late last week so I wasn't sure if I would still be able to get unemployment. I had already recieved my first payment before I started the grocery store job. I requested my 2nd payment today and just checked and saw the $600 added in. With the $600 added in, I am making almost double what I would have subbing.

snazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Good news
Old 04-15-2020, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

YAY!!! EDD has caught me up with my first four weeks of unemployment pay and the first two weeks of federal money and B of A is depositing it properly.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

That's a great feeling, when everything seems so ambiguous.

jakeh

Old 04-16-2020, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I had heard of this but didn't follow up. Here in Cali I just saw this on the EDD site under my 'payment details' and it was 'way higher than I thought it would be (since I only sub a few days per week). Googled 'FAC Payment' $600/week. So my payment will be $3k+/month instead of $600/month! So the '$600 extra payments can continue to those who remain impacted and otherwise eligible for benefits' since we are impacted. Just wish I had chosen to have taxes deducted since I thought my payout would be much smaller. Don't want to 'juggle' the system and try to change that on the EDD site, so I'll just prepare for that next and taxes for 2020. Wow! Takes a lot of stress off!

I've been waking each morning dwelling on worries, increasing my anxiety. I get on my knees and thank Almighty God and my Lord Jesus Christ for protection, that helps immensely.

Money's OK. But, quite frankly I miss the kids, a lot! I miss showing-up at my schools and the primary kids welcoming me and hugging me (little hugs). Made my day no matter how it went.
jakeh is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

opt for taxes on next biweekly form
Old 04-16-2020, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Quote:
Just wish I had chosen to have taxes deducted since I thought my payout would be much smaller. Don't want to 'juggle' the system and try to change that on the EDD site, so I'll just prepare for that next and taxes for 2020. Wow! Takes a lot of stress off!
Each time you fill out the biweekly claim report, you can opt to be taxed. Just check the box for item #8: "If you want federal income tax withheld for the week(s) shown above, mark this block."

I'm probably going to start opting for tax withholding myself, now that the $600 additional per week has kicked in.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

jakeh

Old 04-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Thanks! I'll look for that...

bodhimom

California
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I screwed up, you guys. When I said that I received $1,000 from the county office of education, this is really embarrassing, but I just realized that was actually my paycheck. Getting paid only once a month, and it had been so long since I worked, I thought it was a "stimulus" payment, and I reported it to you guys, as such. Sorry! I'm a dingbat!

jakeh

Old 04-17-2020, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

bodhimom, no prob, no need to apologize. Glad you got your check! I actually found it kind of funny.

Tapdancesub

Old 04-18-2020, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I got my UI notification this morning, and by gosh the $600 was there! I too, did not have taxes withheld be cause the check was going to be small. DH said he will just adjust for it. I was so surprised!
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

California
Old 04-18-2020, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I'm surprised that I'm getting probably what I would have if working.

People are complaining about teachers, but we are getting paid and not doing anything!

Sweetsunset

In Cali
Old 04-23-2020, 12:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Quote:
I screwed up, you guys. When I said that I received $1,000 from the county office of education, this is really embarrassing, but I just realized that was actually my paycheck. Getting paid only once a month, and it had been so long since I worked, I thought it was a "stimulus" payment, and I reported it to you guys, as such. Sorry! I'm a dingbat!

Hi bodhimom, No, you are not a dingbat ok! This actually helped me.
I had been curious about this...I had asked you about this payment in another post bcz I was interested in knowing if it was from an employer...You see, I have a deposit coming in from my school district at the end of this month for the 3 days worked in March during that pay period.
When I applied to EDD on 3/22-- I did figure those 3 days into my quarterly earnings.
(bcz I did in fact earned that money within that quarter that ended the last day in march) Was I incorrect in doing this?

Seeking anyone's input on this plz.

It would be helpful to know if anyone.. that has received/will received.. payroll income from their district after filing for UI-- If you figured this amount into your quarterly earnings to EDD? Did you disclose or will disclose upon certifying? How does one proceed with this? A bit lost here.
Plz advice.

luv2teach2017

Old 04-23-2020, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Quote:
(bcz I did in fact earned that money within that quarter that ended the last day in march) Was I incorrect in doing this?

Seeking anyone's input on this plz.

It would be helpful to know if anyone.. that has received/will received.. payroll income from their district after filing for UI-- If you figured this amount into your quarterly earnings to EDD? Did you disclose or will disclose upon certifying?
There's a difference between what and when you've earned the $ and what and when you've actually been paid.

You are supposed to report what you've earned during a given period, regardless of whether you've actually been paid yet. This goes for both your quarterly earnings report on your initial EDD application and any weekly earnings you must report on your weekly UI claim certifying form.

On your weekly UI certifying form, you are asked to report whether you worked that week and how much you EARNED that week, NOT what you were paid for work done during a prior period.

For instance, I'm expecting to receive a small amount of sick leave pay from my district that was missing from my last paycheck due to a payroll oversight. Whenever I receive it, I will NOT report that on my weekly UI certifying form because it was paid for a sick day back in February. It will NOT be earnings for work done during the week being certified.

Hopefully that makes sense to you. ☺

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 04-23-2020 at 10:51 AM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

I feel relieved now!
Old 04-24-2020, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Quote:
On your weekly UI certifying form, you are asked to report whether you worked that week and how much you EARNED that week, NOT what you were paid for work done during a prior period.
luv2teach2017:
Phew! This question had been on my mind for the past week. Thank you for clarifying it luv2teach2017. Yes, this makes sense!

sweetsunset