Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Buddy vs duff

>

sonoma

Buddy vs duff
Old 04-26-2020, 08:24 PM

While I find the designs interesting I think they are forgetting about the important part - the cake. I think the show needs to add a judging category for flavor and require them to make a small tasting cake

sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Agree
Old 04-26-2020, 08:40 PM

The taste of the cake does not seem to matter as much. The points are close enough either could win.
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 04-26-2020, 08:43 PM

Thatís why I prefer competitions where the cake is tasted. Otherwise itís just a sculpture competition with edible materials.
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

teapot

Buddy's Cake
Old 04-27-2020, 09:44 AM

My daughter was going on a college visit in New York City at the time of her 18th birthday. We thought we would surprise her and go over to New Jersey to get her a birthday cake from Buddy's. I ordered it online so they would be sure to spell her name correctly. Once we arrived at the store, the building was packed. In my mind, I thought it would be the best tasting birthday cake ever. I ordered a simple 2 layer cake with flowers and writing. It was a 10" cake. I paid over $100 for this cake because Buddy was her favorite baker. I thought this might be the only chance she had to taste one. I have to tell you it was the WORST tasting cake ever. We each tried a piece and could not give the rest away. We ended up throwing the cake away because it was dry and tasted terrible. It did look beautiful but the taste was simply YUCK!
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote

KSSUB

Buddys
Old 04-28-2020, 09:19 AM

We went to NY City a few years ago and went to his bakery. We were standing in line near one of his tall glass display cases when the glass fell out of it. The edge of it hit me in the chest, which left scratches and eventually bruising. The thing probably weighed 50 lbs or more. The workers came out and asked me what I did to cause it to fall. Excuse me, I was standing far enough away for the edge to hit me. I didn't touch it, not could I reach it. Not to mention, anyone should be able to touch it without it falling out. If a child was standing there, they would have been severely hurt. I still had to stand in line to get a dessert, which was nasty. My husband was ticked. He e-mailed and didn't get a response at all. We are not fans of his for sure.

KSSUB is offline   Reply With Quote

dav5fam

Glad I am not the only one
Old 04-28-2020, 03:17 PM

It’s insulting to see the way they handle the cake and frosting when they actually use these items. The cakes look over baked and they don’t show love when frosting the cakes or carving them.

I watch it because it’s interesting, but it isn’t a “cake competition “!!!!

I always wondered what they tasted like.

I have tried Sprinkles cupcakes and find that they are too sweet for my taste, but they are moist and delicious.
dav5fam is offline   Reply With Quote