Help

Third Grade

Halloween/Fall Center Ideas

>

froggiemt

Halloween/Fall Center Ideas
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some fun and seasonal center ideas for our Fall (Halloween) party. We need to tie each center to some pass objective....please help!

froggiemt is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Ideas
Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Science- Go to Sciencebob.com online. There are so many fun experiments and most use common household products. A few require something special, but nothing too expensive. Look at the one titled Fantastic Foaming Fountain. (I think) You could use use red and yellow food dye to make the foam orange for Halloween. It is a great demonstration of a chemical reaction.

Reading-What about a craft? I often give my students written directions for a making a craft. I try it first and make sure the directions are clearly written. Then I keep the one I made as a sample for my students to look at. Seeing the final product is very helpful. I do not help them. They have to read and follow the directions themselves. However, I do allow the students to help one another. I have extra supplies in case they mess up and need to start again. They are so proud of their finished product! They also learn that working through a problem(if they find the craft difficult) can be frustrating. But if they keep trying they will be successful.

Reading- Look for a book titled You Read To Me, I'll Read To You by Mary Hoberman. They are a few in the series. The best one for this time of year has a subtitle of Scary Stories. The book is filled with poems for two voices. Students can work in pairs to practice the poems and then present them to class. They are humorous and the students like them. They help build fluency.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

kimsseven

1956bd
Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am in fifth grade now but I still come back and love your awesome ideas.
BTW is 1956 the year you were born- if so then we are in the same birth year!
kimsseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Reading Queen

Draw write now
Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My Halloween centers for the next two weeks include having them use the draw write now books where they follow the directions to draw bats and then copy the text in their best printing. They are also writing a follow me story ( a witch is following me, a - is following the witch who is following me), they are writing a scary story using the pattern a - is scary but they have to include descriptions that would create a vivid visual image, they are doing puzzles and find a words and they are writing ten things they can do to stay safe on halloween. I also have a cauldron of Halloween books and books on tape that they can use. I don't know if you can adapt any of these for a party setting.....but they are some ideas.
Reading Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachBakeShop

Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

http://www.mathwire.com/ has great games and activities for all holidays. Each one is math related. Search Halloween at the top of the site, and it will give you a slew of ideas.

TeachBakeShop is offline   Reply With Quote