Help

Teachers' Lounge

Taco Bell Now Offering Some Managers 6-Figure Salaries

>

MAsped

Taco Bell Now Offering Some Managers 6-Figure Salaries
Old 01-09-2020, 04:53 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/taco-...154750375.html

"Taco Bell is upping the ante in its pay and benefits, offering some managers six-figure salaries and giving workers paid sick days for the first time.

Starting Jan. 1, Taco Bell began offering workers in all its corporate-owned restaurants at least 24 hours of paid sick time a year, the company announced Thursday.

Paid sick time was not offered before, and employees need to be on the job for 90 days to be eligible for the benefit.

Some Taco Bell managers will also get a raise later this year. Calling it a test, the fast-food chain says that it will pay general managers of some company-owned restaurants $100,000 annually. Typically those supervisors make from $50,000 to $80,000...."

What do you guys think about this?

Wow, I wouldn't do it in a million years, but I'm sure I could with the right training. I've worked fast food and retail before. Drive-thru employees still can't do $--- right in the drive-thrus, so that shows what the managers are showing them.

MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Hideeho

Old 01-09-2020, 05:39 PM

I believe that companies go down the wrong path when the CEO's, in this case, some managers, get such huge salaries. Workers making the least amount are the ones with the most direct contact with customers. If companies want noticeable improvement, they need to train the workers well and pay them well.
Hideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 01-09-2020, 05:46 PM

^ So true, I agree!
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 01-09-2020, 07:36 PM

They all deserve a raise.. and sick time. I dont want a sick employee making my food. This happened to me once at Wendys ... made me sick!
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

grade2rocks

Old 01-10-2020, 05:03 AM

I think there is a labor shortage, and many industries are going to have to up their pay and benefits simply to attract anyone.Around my area, restaurants and fast food can't find workers. Many kids are
too busy with activities to work part time.

A mid-level manager in most industries could earn $100,000 - why not fast food? I don't see this the same as the out of line salaries CEOs get.

And I bet the few managers that make this salary are actually business trained MBAs, not an employee who worked their way up the ranks from cashier to manager.

Last edited by grade2rocks; 01-10-2020 at 05:33 AM..
grade2rocks is online now   Reply With Quote

Claire

Food Industry
Old 01-10-2020, 10:53 AM

The restaurant industry can pay well once you get up higher. It is A LOT of hard work and headaches and bad hours. A lot of those people are literally on call 7 days a week and get one day off but still on call.

My ds 19 is making 30 an hour as an hourly kitchen manager at Texas Roadhouse while he is a freshman in college. The salaried managers make way more. Thatś unusual because heś the youngest manager by far, but if he was working 40 plus hours a week he would clear more than I do. He works really hard and had to pass a Federal background check, credit check, etc. to even get promoted to that position because they deal with so much money.

So, for the amount of work and responsibility involved I dont feel like that is too much. However, we as teachers should be paid a lot more than we are too for the work load!
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote