Help

The VENT

I am so tired and its only Tuesday

>

snazzyjazzy

I am so tired and its only Tuesday
Old 01-21-2020, 07:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm a sub at one school regularly. Last night, the music teacher texted another sub to see if they could sub. She said sure but didn't hear back from the teacher. She picks up another job after a few hours. I noticed the job was in the system about 11 pm (other sub was asked around 6:30). I accepted it and get to school this morning to no lesson plans and nothing in the sub tub. I scramble to get stuff together (she the only music teacher). I started with 5th grade and worked my way down to prek. It was survivable but not as well planned as it should have been. My 2nd grade class also had a sub (very tough class and it was the sub's second day subbing). She comes back 10 minutes early and she asked if she could observe me because she was told that I had good classroom management. I told her that the kids were finishing up their music mystery picture and then we were going to play 4 corners for the last 5 minutes. I told her it was controlled chaos. She laughed and said she needed to control the chaos in her room. The kids
listened to me (they really wanted to play 4 corners). They leave after the game and I get my next class.

The intercom comes on (where all the 1st graders heard) with the receptionist telling me that the principal wanted to see me after school but that I wasnt in trouble. For the next three hours, Im freaking out about why she wanted to see me (I still struggle with constructive feedback/correction).

I find her after school but before dismissal (kids are transtitioning to dismissal zones) and she asks me if I was subbing for one of the prek aides soon. I told her not that I know of (sometimes they assign certain subs to classes and then tell you). She tells me to find her after dismissal. My stomach is in knots for another 30 minutes. I finally track her down and then she starts to tell me something and another teacher walks in and they start talking and then they finish. Then she starts talking to me again and she is interrupted again by another teacher. She walks back to her office with the teacher while Im standing there. The secretary asked me what I needed and I told her that the principal wanted to see me about something. She goes to let the principal know that I am waiting and ask if she wanted me to catch her tomorrow morning. The principal tells her that she just needed to see if I could go on the pre-k field trip on the 31st (they have a little boy (SPED) that really likes me. I told the secretary that I was already booked and that the assistant principal asked me last week if I could go on the field trip and she told them I couldn't last week. They could have just looked in Aesop or asked me 4.5 hrs prior.

snazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 01-22-2020, 08:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That part at the end sounds nerve racking... and all for nothing, too! Well, at least you didn't get in trouble or anything.
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote