Help

Substitute Teachers

Unemployment AFTER last day of school?

>

Bobbies

Unemployment AFTER last day of school?
Old 05-17-2020, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Good evening! Do we as substitutes have to report to the Texas workforce commission on the last day of school this year which will be coming up on either the 27th or the 28th? Right now, there is no way to get ahold of anybody. Phone calls are always being denied or busy or get hung up on or after you wait for hours and 59 minutes you are automatically disconnected. So let's say the 2nd route email. I have sent several emails to these people, I receive a response to weeks later saying thank you so much, we have forwarded your response to the department and you should be contacted shortly. However, I am never contacted back, and I am allidge obal for unemployment benefits over the summer here in the state of Texas because of something our governor added to the unemployment 2 weeks ago. I'm not going to forbade him Lee right out which was said, some of it had to do with parents having trouble paying daycare since they're going back to work, but the part where It States if you are living with somebody over the age of 65 or if you are living with somebody with an auto I'm yoon and disease deficiency, I am living with somebody over the age of 65 and they have been hospitalized 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Would I need to file a new unemployment claim on that or should I just continue to receive my disability throughout the summer and until I get my 1st job, then tried to notify them and hope that they don't see what I was doing over the summer? By the way, I am talking into my phone not typing this as I have been typing all day long and I just did not feel like typing so if there are any grammatical mistakes or words that are incorrect, please understand that Google typing is not as smart as I am. O and by the way, when I am signed in, it will not let me file another unemployment claim for whatever reason. If I am not signed in, I believe I can fall in unemployment claim.

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 05-17-2020, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My understanding of the CA EDD rules are that since I began collecting unemployment before the school year ended I can continue to collect until my benefits run out, or school begins and I am called back to sub, or I find another job. That is what I am going to do. I have no idea how any other state works.
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

northcalsub

ca edd
Old 05-17-2020, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hello fellow unemployed. My original paperwork from CA edd. gave my unemployment dates as one full year. I took that to mean I do not have to do any more than to certify for weeks requested.I just certified today for weeks ending 5/9 and 5/16 my next certification gave me 6/10 to next certify. I however check frequently my email, and on the website for updates. In our system we have an inbox which I'm sure most states have for any updates.
northcalsub is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Research the Texas Unemployment Dept. online
Old 05-17-2020, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Bobbies: Getting info about California EDD won't help you since you live in Texas. The policies may differ. If I were you, I'd first read through the info provided online by the Texas department that handles Unemployment Insurance. You may find a lot of your questions answered there. There are folks on this forum who live in Texas, so maybe they can help too. I hope you can get the info you need.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

snazzyjazzy

I live in Texas
Old 05-18-2020, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When I had my phone interview, I asked the representative if I lost benefits for the summer since it was a scheduled break. She told me no, that I could continue to collect throughout the summer until my benefits run out. I asked her if she was sure and she placed me on hold and checked with her supervisor. She told me that I just had to recertify every 2 weeks but could continue nonstop until my benefits ran out.

snazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Bobbies

When do our benefits run out?
Old 05-19-2020, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Good evening. Do you know one hour benefits run out? I was officially marked down as March DE 8th as the 1st full week of absence. Does the 29 week apply here regarding Texas unemployment? I know that the last day of July is the last week we are going to receive those $600 bonuses. However, Sarah little known facts which 1 which pertained to me is that if you live with a person over the age of 65 With an auto immune disorder, you can stay on unemployment longer. However, I have already signed my Letter and tending to sub next year, assuming we open. If we don't open, I'll just go on unemployment again. I have a person to take care of anyways now.
Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 05-25-2020, 12:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

NJ only gave me 3 weeks unemployment plus the weekly $600, but at double the rate, than I would have made subbing every day. Now, still waiting and hoping for the additional 13 week extension that was promised.

Unless your school district threatens you NOT to collect during the summer, I would just continue and collect. (Even if I get the extra 13 weeks back dated to April, it would still end by mid July).

Last edited by NJSubteacher; 05-25-2020 at 12:19 PM..
NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

pt2014js

CA sub
Old 05-27-2020, 11:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

here is a court case going through

http://www.atthelectern.com/substitu...ment-benefits/
It has nothing to do with the CARE act for Covid19
It was filed early January 2020

but I believe we get 13weeks additional UE in CAlif

This crises will help shed light on the role of substitute workers.educations/part-time works
pt2014js is offline   Reply With Quote