Help

Teachers' Lounge

Possible Covid Exposure

>

Covidworries

Covidworries

Possible Covid Exposure
Old 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM

My family may have been exposed to Covid and I'm freaking out. We've been SO good about staying home, distancing, wearing masks etc. BUT we did see my parents. I thought they had been pretty good about following the rules, or at least that's what they told me. Well it turns out, my dad had lunch with a guy last week who has now tested positive and is hospitalized. The guy had no symptoms obviously when he was with my dad, but 3 days later started getting sick. We saw mom and dad the same day, and of course they huged and kissed the kids and us.

My parents told us they had just been going to the grocery, and seeing very few people (only work related) so I'm frustrated with them too, for not telling the whole truth until after the fact. They didn't even want to tell me, but finally gave in and did. They have no symptoms yet, and feel fine. At this point it's been 6 days since the lunch date. They are quarantining, but can't find a place to get tested. Every place they've called requires that they have symptoms before getting tested. Their doctor just said to wait it out.

We are obviously going to stay home too now. But I'm so scared we'll contract it from being around my parents. I have a ton of underlying health issues. And our state is one that is a "hot spot". I'm mad at myself for even allowing my parents to visit. We really had been/are SO careful, but I thought we could at least visit with my parents since it had been so long. I shouldn't have let my guard down. I can't think about anything else now and hate that we just have to wait to see if we get sick.

If you are a praying person, please pray my family stays healthy. Thank you.

klarabelle

Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM

Prayers for your family.

I hope all turns out well. I will tell you my cousin who is a geriatric social worker at a nursing/rehab contacted to an area hospital has been tested 4 times over the course of the virus. Every time she has tested she is negative. So I hope this gives you a little comfort that just because your dad was with someone doesn't mean he will test positive, nor will you all.

I would let my parents know that their not be honest is not a good thing and they need to be more forthcoming.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 06-30-2020, 04:23 PM

I will pray for your family. My neighbor's daughter caught the virus at work, but my neighbor's never did get it. For some reason this virus can strike so randomly. Your family may never get the virus.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 06-30-2020, 04:53 PM

I certainly hope all's well in the coming days for your family! Prayers to you.

My Mom and I live only about 15 min from each other and have only really been to the stores and even we haven't seen each other in over 3 mos. I have a couple of underlying health conditions, so we're playing it super safe.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

T.A.R.D.I.S

Old 06-30-2020, 05:27 PM

I hope it all works out for you guys.

My mom was trying to get me to go visit. She kept telling me she only goes to the store and always wears her mask. She also told me she doesnít let anyone in her house. Then I find out my brother-in-law has been in the house and her neighbor (who doesnít believe Covid is a thing) has been over to get quilting advice! And then Mom gets sick. She tested negative, but still ... not going over there anytime soon.

T.A.R.D.I.S is offline   Reply With Quote

Jasmine2010

Old 06-30-2020, 05:32 PM

Praying for your family's health.
Jasmine2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 06-30-2020, 05:41 PM

Iím so sorry that you now have this worry. Sending good thoughts your way.
hand is online now   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 06-30-2020, 05:46 PM

I'm sorry you have to worry about this. It's very frustrating to be careful and then have your parents not be honest with you. I would definitely make it clear to be upfront about their contacts if you see them again. I hope you all stay healthy!
annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

dav5fam

Donít beat yourself up
Old 07-01-2020, 01:42 PM

My prayers are for the best outcome in this situation. You have made wise choices and will
continue to do so. Having been out just once puts us at risk; I say that to say that you have not been unaware or unsafe with your choices. You made a decision based on very careful thought.

I know itís scary; I just donít want you to live with fear. Iím glad that the responses have been supportive. You were here for positive thoughts and wishes; glad to see you have gotten them.

Prayers for all. Pray for my family as well.
dav5fam is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-01-2020, 07:08 PM

For awhile we were concerned that one of my co-workers had it, so I do understand your fear. I am praying for all of you and that includes for your peace.

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 07-01-2020, 08:10 PM

I posted above already and again, prayers to you that it all turns out fine, but I don't understand how your OWN parents are lying to you about who they've spent time with and putting you guys at risk! They should have said we love you guys, but let's wait it out a bit because dad had lunch with his buddy who's now positive and in the hospital.

I'd be frustrated and furious with them too.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote