Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Side By Side (UTV)

>

SeaGlass

Side By Side (UTV)
Old 07-26-2020, 02:08 PM

Any side by side riders? We just purchased one this summer and absolutely love it. So easy to social distance and on dry hot days we wear masks to keep the dust out

We bring a picnic lunch too.

SeaGlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

Yes!
Old 07-26-2020, 02:42 PM

We’ve had a UTV for about 5 years. The deciding factors between purchasing the UTV over 2 4-wheelers:

- husband is hard of hearing. Sitting next to him makes conversing so much easier.
- I don’t have to eat his dust, for surely I would be following him.
- orthopedist advised against the 4-wheeler as putting too much torque on my hip replacement (we take multiple-day trips).

We love it! Both our primary home and vacation cabin are adjacent to federal land (BLM and USFS), so there are miles and miles of old logging roads we can take. We plan our multiple-day trips around tiny towns which have lodging. I like my creature comforts!
Beach Glass is online now   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

Not a side-by-side
Old 07-26-2020, 04:24 PM

but the hubs and I have a 4-wheeler. There are so many trails in Maine, and it's so much fun!!

Have you been up near Nicatous Lodge? Jack's Snack Shack has some great food, and there are so many trails around that area.
SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

monarchlover

Utv
Old 07-26-2020, 05:25 PM

I bought a new Polaris last summer. It’s been great going around the land for clean up & the “grands“ enjoy Grammie taking them on the dusty dirt roads stopping to find things in nature.
I’ve learned to change the oil which my husband was always adamant about with anything that had a motor. He’s “looking down” shaking his head~ but smiling!
monarchlover is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-26-2020, 06:09 PM

Not an UTV, but dh has a dirt bike and I have an ATV. We often ride together. We took a 35 mile ride earlier this summer but have been more focused on bike riding the last month. In the fall we will probably ride more. We ride on mountain trails that sometimes scare me, but dh is better at choosing trails that won't scare the crud out of me. There have been times when I made him take my atv over obstacles!

We have ridden all over our state, CO, and Utah. A fair amount in AZ. I would love to do the NE region some day.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote