Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Asian/Chinese Theme--HELP!!!

>

brighton

Asian/Chinese Theme--HELP!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Grade level is doing Asian theme this year and would like to get an early start on developing classroom bb's, titles, etc. but I am completley clueless with this theme...PLEASE HELP, need deco ideas, catchy titles for classroom jobs, attendance, welcome back bb, general classroom info. bb, student work bb...

brighton is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeDeb

Old 07-15-2012, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

(I posted this above.)
I looked on the collections board and found the following ideas:

The giant panda bear is a national symbol of China. You could have a panda welcome your students. Then as a art project you can make pandas by using paper plates -- a large plate for the body and a small plate for the head. Add black construction paper ears, paws, nose and eyes and you have a panda bear. You could also draw two circles onto white paper and have the children make the paws, ears, etc. with thumbprints. Those turn out really cute.
www.crayola.com has coloring pages for each of the animals in the Chinese calendar. These were made into a booklet and given to the kids to work on as an "extra" whenever they finished up their classroom work and had a few minutes to spare..

If everyone in your class is born in the same year, even if they are not, you could make a display of "Year of the ____________, _________ & ______________" and a short write up of the traits of the animals... then the kids could draw a picture of themselves with that Chinese animal or draw a picture of themselves explefying a particular trait..

2ndGradeDeb is offline   Reply With Quote