Help

BusyBoard

Idaho Rendezvous?

>

70Primrose

Science
Old 05-10-2019, 05:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach forth-grade general Ed. We switch for science and my team mates have the interesting standards and several standards to teach. Since I am the most recent hired I got only one standard. Energy flow through the ecosystem. They take 10 days to teach theirs. I could teach mine in about 3. I have to drag it out. Not to mention our district gives us nothing to teach science with so we have to create or buy all our own things. Any suggestions to help me make the 10 days a better use of time?

Last edited by 70Primrose; 05-10-2019 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: No replies to other post
70Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 05-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

no ideas for your question, but as an idaho resident/teacher, i am curious about your original post...
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

70Primrose

Old 05-11-2019, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

As for my original post, the 4th grade does a Mountain man Rendezvous field trip to a local middle school and it has a fun trading post that the kids can buy crafts. Each child can receive up to $40 to spend at the trading post. In the past my team has had the students earn their $40 in various ways, daily behavior, signed homework, a persuasive paragraph as to why they should get the $, etc. It is a huge pain for me, more to grade at the end of the year, and we start about 4 weeks before the field trip which makes them hyper, it is like the build up for Christmas. I was wondering if there were any other Idaho teachers going and how they handle the giving of the trapper $. The $ is fake.

Last edited by 70Primrose; 05-11-2019 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Needed to add a fact
70Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

ah! thanks for clarifying! sorry--don't do this--haven't heard of it.

my predecessor (in 5th) always hosted a Colonial Day and had the 5th graders each MAKE some things that they could then trade with each other--cute idea!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote