Help

The VENT

I just can't...

>

IcyPeppermint

I just can't...
Old 05-14-2019, 12:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have written about this before...but I cannot stand my aid! I have her for two class periods and she is the most insufferable person I have ever met; I am not exaggerating. She is a know it all. Wants my job. Gossips about how I am a terrible teacher. Helps the non spec ed kids by giving out answers. Tries to control the classroom. Is a very entitled person who is used to getting what she wants. I am new to this school...and not staying, so she obviously has more sway in the campus than I do. We only have a week and a half but I really do not think I can make it dealing with this woman.The biggest issue I have with her is when I need kids to be independent and attempt a lesson before coming to me, she steps in and gives answers or thinks she is helping the kid by explaining the instructions over again when really the kid needs to just read the instructions and try.

This is going to come off arrogant and whiny but it is the end of the year, so I do not care...she is the type of person I wouldn't like even if we weren't working together. She is entitled, brags about everything, recently bragged about how she is the one responsible for the custodians getting chewed out by P because they were attempting to clean the restrooms during state testing, and makes everything a competition.

This post is nothing against aids. Normally I love my aids. I am noticing this year aids who overstep their bounds is becoming a trend.

IcyPeppermint is offline   Reply With Quote

narnian

Ugh.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

She sounds insufferable. No advice from me, just sympathy.
narnian is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

My aide
Old 05-14-2019, 10:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Was instrumental in me getting fired. She was not a good person. I could never get her to see things from any perspective but her own. I did try to get along with her. Sadly, all she could do was compare me to last years teacher.

Last edited by happygal; 05-15-2019 at 06:43 AM..
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

IcyPeppermint

Why Does Admin and Even Listen???
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't understand why admin even listens to someone who is not certified talk about how to run a classroom. She puts me on edge, and days that should be easy and relaxing are harder because of her presence. Granted, that last statement is on me; once I had enough of her behavior, now everything she does annoys me. I am always being compared to the other content teacher who she thinks is the gold standard for teaching...

jov

Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was in your spot 25 years ago and it's still fresh in my mind!

I had 5 years under my belt, but I was in a new school and my first time in regular ed and Pre-K. The previous teacher had retired and she and the aide had been together for decades. The aide thought EVERYTHING the previous teacher had done was the Pre-K gospel that couldn't be changed one iota. I was doing circle time, centers, art projects, readiness lessons, etc. all wrong according to her.

It really ticked her off when parents would praise me and other staff would comment on the great changes in pre-K. She was the wife of some influential person in the city, so my principal wouldn't do anything. If I tried to talk to her about this, she would immediately start telling me about the important people she is friendly with in the school dept.

After 2 years, I'd had enough and took an opening in kindergarten with a wonderful aide. Even though we ended up moving to different schools after 2 years, we have been best friends ever since!

Good luck with this problem! Are there any job shifts you can make to get this woman out of your life?

jov is online now   Reply With Quote

IcyPeppermint

I have Tried
Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

According to the kids' ARDS, the aid actually only needs to be in the room for 46 mins throughout the week. I asked (begged) the principal to just pull her the last couple of weeks of school and she said that legally that is not possible. Yes. It. Is. The aid just needs to record at least 46 minutes through the week.

But, I am moving to my old district and I LOVED my aids there!! One was just great and building relationships with kids and the other aid I had was good at discipline without overstepping and got along really well with one of her spec ed kids.

I do use a lot of newer teaching strategies and the aid is used to seeing the old "give em the grade" ways...