The VENT

Can I Find Out?

>

Thisiswhy

Thisiswhy

Can I Find Out?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If p says a staff member shared something I said (which was innocuous but misconstrued, which I didnít want shared, but she does have proof I said it ), does he have to tell me who it is if I insist? Or can that be kept from me?

I have been brought up disciplinarily for this, unbelievably enough. Is there a legal obligation for p to tell me who told him?

Thisiswhy

Thisiswhy

Also
Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iím in a non-union state
123AndSoOn

123AndSoOn

Old 05-16-2019, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't know if the P is obligated or not. However since this is affecting you in a professional level, I feel you have ground to demand the name of the accuser. Heck yeah!

You may want to ask a lawyer and seek legal advice. It seems logical and reasonable to demand. I think you should be able to ask human resources. I am sure someone here in teacher vent can give you better advice that I can.

I would want to know too. However, how many people did you tell this innocuous comment? You could narrow it down.

If the P can't tell you-may be he/she is lying.

Renea

Old 05-16-2019, 12:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't think you can force your P to tell you who reported your words. Stinks I know but lesson learned. You could consult a lawyer if youíre seriously interested in your rights but my guess is the P is under no obligation to reveal who spilled the beans.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote
Thisiswhy

Thisiswhy

Old 05-16-2019, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

There is absolute proof I said this very harmless thing.

iloveglitter2

Old 05-16-2019, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

What can you do if the person is your Principal?
iloveglitter2 is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

If you are being disciplined
Old 05-16-2019, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

for a statement you need to contact your union or a lawyer now. Your employment and/or reputation is being threatened. If you don't have a union or don't belong, get a lawyer. It is expensive, but not more than the alternative.

Any legal information needs to come from a lawyer and lawyers can often inspire employers to backing off. The district and school administration will not be happy with you for involving a lawyer, but if your future is on the line you need someone to defend you.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Terminated

Terminated

Get a Lawyer!
Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Definitely consult with an attorney. Ask around for names of attorneys or call some local attorneys and ask who they would recommend (if they themselves cannot meet with you).

Don't let this get out of hand. If this is serious enough for disciplinary action then everything must be documented, and an attorney will tell you the best way to handle this. It may cost you $200-300 but it could prevent a lot of future problems, and will make your principal think twice about doing something like this with you (or anyone else on the faculty) again.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the oil change commercials on tv, but this is a classic case of "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later!"

Zia

Old 05-16-2019, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Quote:
There is absolute proof I said this very harmless thing.
If it was harmless, why are you in trouble? Sorry, I'm not understanding.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

I'm confused...
Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Innocent comments usually do not lead to disciplinary action. I'm trying to imagine what you said that you think is okay and your P thinks requires action.

kahluablast

Old 05-17-2019, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Unless you are being fired over it, I would take the consequence. If it was something you know you shouldn't have said, let it be and try to avoid those types of things. I don't think finding out who told solves the problem.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote