BusyBoard

Wisconsin History?

>

4new

4new

Wisconsin History?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone teach Wisconsin to 4th graders? I'm wondering if you have any resources with engaging units, lessons, activities, etc. Or, if you have ideas to share that you have tried. I love doing hands-on things in social studies, so any engaging resources would be helpful!

Thanks!

geoteacher8

There's a workshop
Old 05-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

that is being offered this summer that is geared specifically toward teaching Wisconsin. Check out the DPI social studies web page. It has tons of great resources.
geoteacher8 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Old 05-06-2019, 01:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here's a variation on a project I've done for a while. Brainstorm a long list of landmarks and interesting things in Wisconsin. That could include universities, parks, famous buildings, famous people from Wisconsin, you name it. Then assign each topic to a student to research and present or write a short report. Share the reports in class so everyone gets the benefit of all the material, not just their individual report. It helps to start students off with a Google resource or two as part of the assignment, so plan to spend a little time online yourself putting together the prompts. In 4th grade it might help to have additional teachers and/or parents pitch in as well. We've done the project with written reports, posters and Google Slides. Maybe this could be a joint project with the technology teacher...
teacherwriter is offline   Reply With Quote