Help

The VENT

Phew!

>

aly7123

Phew!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been a little nervous about my second grade class's end of the year Dibels scores. I have been subbing in this class since October 1 and just got hired full time for next year. I was hoping the Dibels scores wouldn't make the principal regret hiring me because some of the kids weren't quite reaching their goals when we were doing progress monitoring.

Well my class's Dibels testing finished up today and I checked the scores online at the end of the day. I am happy to say that my class met all their goals except for accuracy. And the only reason we didn't meet accuracy was because the admin insisted on testing the two students who barely speak English let alone read it - one got 33% accuracy and the other got 8% accuracy. If they weren't tested, we would have definitely met the accuracy goal. The educational consultant who comes into the school told us that we really should be testing those two at a kindergarten level since that's basically where they are with their very limited English but apparently the principal didn't agree with that.

Anyway I am not too worried about that because it is obvious that they still have work to do before they will read at a second grade level (they both came to school in the middle of the year knowing no English at all). I'm hoping the rest of the scores will make the principal happy she hired me!

aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Phew
Old 05-09-2019, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congrats. And...your P is an idiot. (But you might already know this.)
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Glad to hear
Old 05-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Administration should know that taking over a class is not always a smooth transition. Sounds like you made good progress with kiddos.
I am sure the principal is not just looking at Dibels. Hopefully, administrators will look at you creating a warm, inviting classroom and making learning fun.
Enjoy next year in your own classroom!
LaFish is online now   Reply With Quote