Help

The VENT

I can do this!

>

MissAgnes

I can do this!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

One kid repeatedly saying he needs to go to the nurse because his eye is red (Because he has been rubbing it. Nothing is wrong with it. Yes, I know this.)
One kid repeatedly asking to go to the bathroom/get water. (He doesn't need to go. Just went 15 minutes ago.)
One kid sitting outside the doorway because she can't find the packet I gave her yesterday, and I refuse to print another (not wasting my ink because she can't find her paper. I can't leave the room to print at the office)

I'm being very calm and consistent. Not engaging with the power struggles. Not engaging with the arguing. Not engaging with the repeated questions.

It's. Killing. Me. Slowly.

MissAgnes is offline   Reply With Quote

hikinghiker

Yup
Old 05-14-2019, 08:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've been getting creatively evil with my consequences. I have one boy who, every time someone else is actually hurt, he's make up an injury for attention and whine for the nurse. I started sending him at recess and usually by the time he makes it down there and back we're done with recess. If we're not, I tell him it's better to just sit out if he thinks he might be hurt

Bathroom I just tell them that if they need to go that frequently I'll be talking to mom just to let her know that she might want to schedule a doctor's visit. I had two boys who went over 15 times one day, but I teach K and I always let them go when they ask, just because you really never know when they actually NEED to go.
hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tiamat

Old 05-15-2019, 12:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have actually had that conversation with parents (about repeated bathroom visits), much to the child's horror. Every single time, the parent has said there is no medical issue and the child needs to buckle down and stop wasting time.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote