Help

Substitute Teachers

wait time after an interview?

>

ali74

wait time after an interview?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had an interview for sub position 2 weeks back(for ccsd-las vegas). They asked me typical questions like Why do you want to sub for us..what'll you do if teacher doesn't leave any plans..etc etc.Thought i did very well but haven't received any intimation from sub services so far.
This is making me a little anxious. I can check my application status online..and it just says file sent for approval. Typically how long does it take to receive any intimation after the interview? Please share your thoughts

P.s: Even though this is my third sub position, this is the first time i'm facing an interview!

ali74 is offline   Reply With Quote

ncd1

in our district...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure how your district operates, but in our district they have a bunch of people in for the "orientation interview" they give you the overview of the job, etc. as a group and then you talk to the administrator one on one for a few minutes (basically enough for her to assertain that you are sane). Then it goes to the board for approval, which happens at the next scheduled board meeting. So, if your district is similar, it could be that "out for approval" means it's going to the board. Good luck!
ncd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I applied for a regular teaching position in the CCSD a couple of years ago, and I think I remember it taking them ages to get back to me. Maybe their HR department is just really inefficient?
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

ali74

Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

i submitted the application by mid july,thinking that i will start by september.
Looks like the formalities are going to drag till holidays..Maybe i'll start from jan 2010!
Thanks for the replies.
ali74 is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

I'm in Reno
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

and no one gets for real hired until approved by the school board. The list of names goes before the board in a regular meeting. They may be waiting for a meeting to present your name on a list for approval.

You might want to give the sub contact a call again to check on your status. Vegas is a HUGE district, they build and open several new schools each year--or at least they have been. The recession has hit Nevada very hard. Folks are even leaving the state to find work.

Washoe County put a sub hiring freeze on last year, since lifted, but they had many more subs than jobs. That hadn't happened in decades.

Hang in there.

broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote