Substitute Teachers

No Principal Visit on Form

>

Eric7100

Eric7100

No Principal Visit on Form
Old 09-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In the schools where I sub at, I am always given a form to fill out at the end of the day. One of the questions asks me to check whether the principal visited me in the classroom during the day. Usually, this is not the case, so I wind up checking no. Often, especially if I really like the school, I feel bad about checking no because I don't want to get the principal in trouble if somebody higher than him/her sees the form. Is it OK to be honest and check "no" that the principal did not visit me, or should I check "yes" anyway in order to avoid any problems?

ncd1

know what you mean
Old 09-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our forms don't ask about the principal, but they ask if the sub handbook was accessable. I usually look all around the room so I can check yes, but most of the time I have no idea where it is. I usually just don't check anything, I don't want to get the teacher in trouble! The next line asks if the handbook was helpful, so I usually write "not needed."
I know how you feel about not wanting to get someone in trouble!
ncd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Azure

I would
Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

thing checking "no" would be a good thing. To me, it would indicate a sub was able to manage my classroom without any issues. Those would be the subs I would personally request.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote

Amberlee

Forms
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've had forms asking me to compare the behaviour of students at a school with students at other schools on a scale of 1 to 10. It was an inner city school so behaviour wasn't great but I didn't really want to give that form to the office. I'd rather just avoid them you know?
Amberlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Principal visit
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I doubt those forms ever leave the school. Think about how many sub forms there would be for someone to review at the district level. The 2 times in 10 years of subbing a principal came to my room it was to introduce him/herself to me. I wouldn't worry about getting the principal in trouble. You're being asked to answer that question for some reason, so answer it honestly.

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I would expect the ubs to be honest. YOU are not accountable for that teacher' actions--were they ready for you??? If not, someone should know that, so if these forms are not just for 'fun'...it would b beneficial to fill them out truthfully.
MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

for me...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'd do the form truthfully as requested. My other job I do data collection and survey work and at some point someone thought that was an important question!

I am usually greeted at most of our dist schools by the principal at some point coming in if I get there at the start of school. 2 of the schools they come to my room and say hello, but I also know they do this w/ the reg. teachers as well and for the kids. There are also one or two school and for whatever reason I NEVER see the principal. If their pic wasn't on the website I wouldnt' know who they are!

I like someone to greet me when I arrive at a school (they secretary is fine!) but I dont' need it to be the principal. I also appreciate when in a new place that people in the halls say hello and ask if I need help (if I am w/o my students). It makes me feel welcome.

I also had to deal in my first yr of subbing w/ some principals observing me. Oh boy was that ever fun. You can COUNT on things going hopelessly wrong when they come to observe. Murphys law dontcha know! Oh, and next week I was told I will be observed by company reps who are coming to view a new program teachers are using - they are interested to see how subs handle it! I am glad I got to practice at it today! lol

B/c of murphy's law i'd prefer observers/helpers/etc stay away but I really don't mind if they are there. The most nerve racking is when the classroom teacher is there watching! lol