Help

Substitute Teachers

something's missing

>

WenReuLau

something's missing
Old 01-08-2010, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was subbing in a kindergarten class the last 2 days before Christmas break and when I spoke to the teacher I was subbing for this week I found out that a small storage container became missing while I was in her class. I am absolutely miserable about this. I have looked online to find a replacement for it, but it is one of a set of 20 and I can't find a perfect match. The reg. teacher is really bothered by the absence of this box and I need some advice on how I can make this up to her.

WenReuLau is offline   Reply With Quote

eazy555

eazy555

don't worry
Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

this isn't ur fault at all, and I wouldn't sweat it. It could have happened at anytime, not just when you were there. Obviously you didn't take it, sh** happens, the teacher needs to move on.

Kataqueens

Why is it your problem?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do you remember using the container? If not, then she should be questioning custodial staff or someone else who goes in/uses her classroom and who may have moved things around. I don't understand why subs are always the culprit. Don't fret this.
Kataqueens is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

maybe some elves came in and took it for themselves.....

Look, the room is opened/unlocked during the day and you're not there the whole time..you have to bring the kids to their specials; bring them and pick them up from lunch; specials, etc....so basically, you're in and out of there alot.

what's to say that somebody else (a co-teacher/teacher/custodian/student) didn't decide to come in and grab the container and leave without leaving a note....

to make you feel better (I hope) I was assigned to a class for MS; came in and noticed there were no notes for me so I left and asked around (this took about a few minutes) eventually the teacher came in and realized she forgot to cancel my assignment (let's just say I was not pleased)..anywhos....a few minutes later she tracks me down at the teacher's lounge to ask me if I've seen her cell phone because it was missing....

so for the rest of the day I'm panicking WTH!!!! but I knew it wasn't me bec. why would I want her phone...comes to find out another student snuck in the class and pilfered the phone and bragged about it to his/her friends and was busted and written up....
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
LynneLC

LynneLC

Sounds frustrating
Old 01-09-2010, 04:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We can't be responsible for every single item in the classroom. As long as we do our best to notice if something is being put out of place, (if it's something obvious) that's all that can be expected. The regular teacher should realize that eventually something is probably going to happen to one of a 20-set storage system in a Kindergarten classroom.

I personally get frustrated about missing items myself but there's a point where you have to move on... It was nice of you to even consider trying to find a replacement piece.

rhubarb

Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It is not up to you (although nice of you) to replace a missing thing.
rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote