Help

Substitute Teachers

jobulator

>

Jezebelt

jobulator
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have wondered about the legality of jobulator since I first furiously saw it posted on Aesop.
The district pays lots of money to have Aesop manage their sub situation. Now Aesop wants the subs to pay too. I agree that having to be on the computer is one of the things I hate about subbing, and it's too bad that the districts must create such a situation for a person who works for so much less income than what they are worth. But why is it sanctioned for a company who is paid to manage competition, to extort those in competition? This would be considered extortion in other cases. The fact that they make it public, and anybody can participate, who will pay the payola, makes the so-called edge much less effective for the payer; makes those who refuse to pay the payola virtually without jobs, (which I admit is an improvement over getting our fingers cut off) and makes Aesop 40 dollars times how many thousands richer. I suppose it's not different than ticketmaster, though. They are paid to distribute and manage ticket sales and then they ask the buyer to pay too. They are able to buy up lots of the tickets instantaneously when they become available, so one is stuck dealing with them for the limited resource which they manage. The reason Ticketmaster is less distasteful than Jobulator, is that attending a concert is a luxury and a choice, whereas subbing is one's livelihood.

Jezebelt is offline   Reply With Quote

YILuv2Teach

Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If you have firefox, there are tools that are free and essentially do the same thing as jobulator. If you search this board you can find the information!
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

remember, extortion is when you are "extorted" for $$$---in other words when they don't give you a choice. Here jobulator is a take or leave it program.

I for one, do NOT pay to find jobs as the other poster stated there are other programs that can refresh you page free + a download. I use Refresher (i have a PC) I don't know if this will work for Macs.

Ticketmaster on the other hand, EWWW!!!! I've tried looking for tickets to concerts and have been shut out on more than occassion. they're plain yuck!!! IMO
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

hmmm
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I haven't done my jobulator yet. We do have more subs this year so it was slow going at first but then the schools found out those subs suck and are back to scheduling us tried and true subs. I am glad of that. I was very worried earlier this year. I had worked my butt off last year working for certain teachers and wouldn't you know it they tried those other subs (it was easier on teachers to just put it out on aesop than hunt us other subs down)but in the end it seems they have gone back to us regulars and pretty much bypass the aesop to get us. I LOVE that and try to do right by them. There are still plenty of jobs out there for everyone, but most of the subs I know are like me and allw ork for certain teachers pretty much. Seems only the newer subs have the jobulator.

As for jobulator - I am not sure it would benefit me anyway - if I am working I can't hear it ding and if I am not working I am not on the computer much and don't want to be waiting for that ding. It would be different if I had only thsi job and was the main supporter of our family but as of right now I agree w/ OP - it is wrong. I'd rather amp up my other job than slave to the ding.

As for ticketmaster...well, we live in a small town now so no concerts anyway but when we lived in PHoenix we used Dillards box office as they got their own select tickets, had shorter lines, and were average priced. we got bottom floor suns play off tickets that way as well as 5th row back KISS tickets that way (both for less than $50 each) so not sure if they are still doing it, but you might ck w/ dillards box offices to see if they have your ticks.

nicpen

Macs
Old 01-05-2010, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The refresher works just fine on Macs (thank goodness!)

nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

Geohnny

Get Firefox, then use this addon:Check4Change
Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

If you don't already have firefox, get it, then download the following addon:

Check4Change

It's free.

If you don't know how to do this on your own, find someone who does, and don't spend a penny on jobulator. You don't need it.

Hope this helps.
Geohnny is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

I understand, OP
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Once I was searching for work and the ad for Jobulator blocked my view of the site. I quickly clicked on the "X" and proceeded to search for jobs. The ad no longer comes up when I go to Aesop.

I think the message here for us subs is that we better not fully view subbing as a reliable source of income. I was already insecure when I started subbing! It is very stressful to not be able to make a budget, and I know I am not alone in this feeling.
happygal is online now   Reply With Quote
grantorela

grantorela

Check4Change
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Wow! This is a great program! I'm kinda upset I paid money for the jobulator now! I wish there was an app like this that would work on my iphone.
Mn-teach

Mn-teach

Thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thanks for your advice on Check4change. My question is how do you get it to work on your blackberry. Any advicce?
AL830

AL830

Jobulator
Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I don't know what all the complaining is about. Jobulator is $40 per year. I made my 40 back in the first day that I could get a job faster then having to check AESOP routinely. Subbing may be a full time profession for some, but mostly, like me, it is a part time job. If subbing is your main source of income, then consider getting credentialed as a teacher and teach full time. The pay is better and the jobs are not hit or miss.

AF5U

Jobulator does not work for iPhone 4s
Old 02-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I bought Jobulator for the iPhone in Oct. 2011 because the ad said that I would have support for my iPhone soon. Here it is Feb. 4th 2012 and finally the program is available for downloading this week. However, it does not work! The problem is the activation code can not be copied. So, ok, if you write it down - it can not be typed into the screen provided in the program. The programmer uses the telephone keypad for writing the activation code. The telephone pad does not have a dash (-). The activation code has 3 dashes. He should have used the regular typewriter keypad. So, one is not able to activate. I emailed the company and they answered me. They obviously never tested Jobulator for the iPhone or they would know that one can activate their iPhone using the program written as is. They have my money and I can not activate after 4 months. That is fraud on their part!
AF5U is offline   Reply With Quote
Jobulator

Jobulator

Activation
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Hi AF5U,

Enter your activation key without dashes. The dashes are included on your my account page simply to make it easier to view your 16 digit activation number.